not sure what your getting at. the round i do was trialed back in april , recommendations were made and somethings were changed as i trialed it with the official duty tester, but since then weve had different planners in who i never ever met or had a chance to converse with so the round i signed for was not the old tested round but a version of , i dont think anyone got to see the new planners, in our office it was a complete cock up something to do with the hours , infact i dont believe any of the duties started last week were ever tested ,feduppostie wrote:right serious question
why were you not involved in the planning stage?
Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?
Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?
and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)
I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.
As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'
as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
solve me this conumdrum
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: solve me this conumdrum
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: solve me this conumdrum
I asked plenty of times when we were going to have our 1to1's with the planner but was given the brush off each time.feduppostie wrote:right serious question
why were you not involved in the planning stage?
Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?
Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?
and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)
I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.
As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'
as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
I also asked before my phase came in because, prior to this starting, my duty was coming in sequenced and I could tell there were problems simply by the order it was sequenced but, once again, was not taken seriously.
Now the planner is off sick with stress.
-
chris saunders
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: solve me this conumdrum
RUCKSACK..twobags wrote:Today on the first loop of my new round i had a trolley that holds two bags but had three bags of mail and packets [all bags were heavy] and about 30/40 mins to complete any ideas ?
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: solve me this conumdrum
is he really off with stress ?Hitcher wrote:I asked plenty of times when we were going to have our 1to1's with the planner but was given the brush off each time.feduppostie wrote:right serious question
why were you not involved in the planning stage?
Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?
Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?
and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)
I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.
As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'
as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
I also asked before my phase came in because, prior to this starting, my duty was coming in sequenced and I could tell there were problems simply by the order it was sequenced but, once again, was not taken seriously.
Now the planner is off sick with stress.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: solve me this conumdrum
George is apparently.