ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

solve me this conumdrum

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twobags
Posts: 299
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
Gender: Male

Re: solve me this conumdrum

Post by twobags »

feduppostie wrote:right serious question

why were you not involved in the planning stage?

Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?

Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?

and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)

I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.

As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'

as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
not sure what your getting at. the round i do was trialed back in april , recommendations were made and somethings were changed as i trialed it with the official duty tester, but since then weve had different planners in who i never ever met or had a chance to converse with so the round i signed for was not the old tested round but a version of , i dont think anyone got to see the new planners, in our office it was a complete cock up something to do with the hours , infact i dont believe any of the duties started last week were ever tested ,
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: solve me this conumdrum

Post by Hitcher »

feduppostie wrote:right serious question

why were you not involved in the planning stage?

Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?

Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?

and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)

I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.

As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'

as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
I asked plenty of times when we were going to have our 1to1's with the planner but was given the brush off each time.

I also asked before my phase came in because, prior to this starting, my duty was coming in sequenced and I could tell there were problems simply by the order it was sequenced but, once again, was not taken seriously.

Now the planner is off sick with stress.
chris saunders
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: solve me this conumdrum

Post by chris saunders »

twobags wrote:Today on the first loop of my new round i had a trolley that holds two bags but had three bags of mail and packets [all bags were heavy] and about 30/40 mins to complete any ideas ?
RUCKSACK..
twobags
Posts: 299
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
Gender: Male

Re: solve me this conumdrum

Post by twobags »

Hitcher wrote:
feduppostie wrote:right serious question

why were you not involved in the planning stage?

Why were you not asking questions about this to your planner?

Is it becasue you were not asked or because you couldn't be bothered?

and that is a serious question not a piss take ( just in case you take it the wrong way)

I personally spent over an hour with the planner when my walk was in the planning stage ( and the walk it is paired with) we ironed out all the problems about length, time, parking and weight/packet issues then - because as you say I know my walk the planner doesn't.

As a result my particular park and loop works fine - however the bloke two frames down who when asked to go and sit with the planner answered ' I don't get paid to be a planner he does so no I'm not gonna go and help him'

as a result the planner had to guess and his round is a nightmare - see what I am getting at?
I asked plenty of times when we were going to have our 1to1's with the planner but was given the brush off each time.

I also asked before my phase came in because, prior to this starting, my duty was coming in sequenced and I could tell there were problems simply by the order it was sequenced but, once again, was not taken seriously.

Now the planner is off sick with stress.
is he really off with stress ? :roll:
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: solve me this conumdrum

Post by Hitcher »

George is apparently.