ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's your philosophy towards work...
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
I just go in a do my time then go home. Sometimes I do some overtime but only if I need to.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
f**k them before they f**k you
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
And if they never planned to f**k you...f**k them anyway?motherhubbard wrote:f**k them before they f**k you
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Spot on FT.
You should never wait to retaliate.
You should never wait to retaliate.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
it just a thing I have to do for my
football / salsa / films / holiday / food and car. Don't like it, All I want is a fair workload for a day workload.
football / salsa / films / holiday / food and car. Don't like it, All I want is a fair workload for a day workload.
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
I have always loved my job and i love being out in the air in the sun it's always made me smile,then they did another revision on top of the other two and have made it so crap,i refuse to stop laughing,why?,well i see it like this all the time i'm laughing it pigs them off because they make assumptions about what we are talking about,i'm sorry that the service is rubbish the customers getting a ruff deal but it's not of my or your doing,so i come in do my job to the best i can and i try not to beat myself up about the state of the company.My mp player or radio plugged into my ear keeps me going. 
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Have a chat and a laugh with mates, do the job and go home.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
But at least you keep your dignity as a beggerTrueBlueTerrier wrote:It stops me begging.
But yeah, over the last few months I've changed from "Ahhhhhh!!! I need that SA, I need to work my day off, I NEED OT!!!!!" to a poorer, but much more relaxed "Banned from driving,
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
motherhubbard wrote:Spot on FT.
You should never wait to retaliate.
Bye
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
It's better than walking the streets.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Give it a few more months of the current decline, and even that truism might need to be re-assessedPOSTMAN wrote:It's better than walking the streets.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
g06scot
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:43
- Gender: Male
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
work to your ability and your needs
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-
DemonPostie
- Posts: 227
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Thats one latin phrase I don't need to googleDemonPostie wrote:Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What's your philosophy towards work...
Aye there's no probably about itBELIAL wrote:Zero sense of achievement ,no sense of a useful job well done, nil prospect of adding to the sum total of human development or happiness. Making some fat cats even wealthier fails to stir my loins, I'm probably a weirdo