ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's your philosophy towards work...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Caniel »

I just go in a do my time then go home. Sometimes I do some overtime but only if I need to.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by motherhubbard »

f**k them before they f**k you
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by fishtank »

motherhubbard wrote:f**k them before they f**k you
And if they never planned to f**k you...f**k them anyway? :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by motherhubbard »

Spot on FT.
You should never wait to retaliate.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Darren Bent »

it just a thing I have to do for my
football / salsa / films / holiday / food and car. Don't like it, All I want is a fair workload for a day workload. :cuppa
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by bandit650 »

I have always loved my job and i love being out in the air in the sun it's always made me smile,then they did another revision on top of the other two and have made it so crap,i refuse to stop laughing,why?,well i see it like this all the time i'm laughing it pigs them off because they make assumptions about what we are talking about,i'm sorry that the service is rubbish the customers getting a ruff deal but it's not of my or your doing,so i come in do my job to the best i can and i try not to beat myself up about the state of the company.My mp player or radio plugged into my ear keeps me going. :wave
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by da'bunny »

Have a chat and a laugh with mates, do the job and go home.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by smokerjim »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It stops me begging.
But at least you keep your dignity as a begger :cuppa

But yeah, over the last few months I've changed from "Ahhhhhh!!! I need that SA, I need to work my day off, I NEED OT!!!!!" to a poorer, but much more relaxed "Banned from driving, :Boo hoo! my feet are wrecked and only strong painkillers keep me going, :Boo hoo! and I'm feeling a wee bit happier in life, certainly not as bad as I thought I'd be :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm f**k it, I'm going home to chill out & look forward to my day off :cuppa "
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by BELIAL »

motherhubbard wrote:Spot on FT.
You should never wait to retaliate.
:Applause :Applause Stinger ,why sit back and be yet another pathetic victim .Ooh I never checked out CNN ;Reuters ;BBc. :confused :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!
Bye
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by POSTMAN »

It's better than walking the streets.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by smokerjim »

POSTMAN wrote:It's better than walking the streets.
Give it a few more months of the current decline, and even that truism might need to be re-assessed
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
g06scot
Posts: 32
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:43
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by g06scot »

work to your ability and your needs
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by DemonPostie »

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Stormproof »

DemonPostie wrote:Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Thats one latin phrase I don't need to google :Very Happy
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by dvbuk55 »

BELIAL wrote:Zero sense of achievement ,no sense of a useful job well done, nil prospect of adding to the sum total of human development or happiness. Making some fat cats even wealthier fails to stir my loins, I'm probably a weirdo :shhhhh
Aye there's no probably about it :chuckle :chuckle