ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Here comes Winter!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?! :whistle :whistle :chuckle
That's usually kept for the naughty room :wink:
And multiple moans at that :whistle
I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaning :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Stormproof wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Last winter we were told AFTER all the snow and ice that we didn't need to go places where we didn't think it was safe to do so. :crazy:
We must work in the same office then :hmmmm
I don't recognise your kitchen though. :shock: :crazy: :shock:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?! :whistle :whistle :chuckle
That's usually kept for the naughty room :wink:
And multiple moans at that :whistle
I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaning :wink:
The only moaning I'd be doin is telling you two to keep the noise down... :shock:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by DGP1 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?! :whistle :whistle :chuckle
That's usually kept for the naughty room :wink:
And multiple moans at that :whistle
I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaning :wink:
The only moaning I'd be doin is telling you two to keep the noise down... :shock:
We can barely hear our on moaning over the sound of yours :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Sippin40oz
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 18:29
Gender: Female

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by Sippin40oz »

Got any advice for newbies dealing with the inbound harsh winter? Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?! Going to be my first winter out delivering and already struggling with the cold :nervous
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by Stormproof »

Sippin40oz wrote:Got any advice for newbies dealing with the inbound harsh winter? Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?! Going to be my first winter out delivering and already struggling with the cold :nervous
Thermal socks..........infact anything thermal :wink:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
IdentityMatrix
Posts: 8
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by IdentityMatrix »

As a casual, can I "demand" a stormproof jacket... for health and safety reasons? (IE, it's friggin' cold!) .. One casual in my office hasn't even been given a pair of walking shoes yet (near 6 months of employment)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Here comes Winter!

Post by clashcityrocker »

Sippin40oz wrote: Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?!
No - wellies are useful for splashing in puddles. They are no use on delivery. You would look stupid. people would laugh at you.
The answer to the cold is layers. Thermal vest, t-shirt, shirt, body warmer, jacket, stormproof. Hat and fingerless gloves. Two pairs of socks and a good pair of shoes/boots with a good tread.
No scarves. (Although a keffiyeh would be good to annoy any Zionists in your DO.)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.