I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaningdvbuk55 wrote:And multiple moans at thatDGP1 wrote:That's usually kept for the naughty roomAprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?!![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Here comes Winter!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Here comes Winter!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Here comes Winter!
I don't recognise your kitchen though.Stormproof wrote:We must work in the same office thenLounge Lizard wrote:Last winter we were told AFTER all the snow and ice that we didn't need to go places where we didn't think it was safe to do so.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Here comes Winter!
The only moaning I'd be doin is telling you two to keep the noise down...DGP1 wrote:I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaningdvbuk55 wrote:And multiple moans at thatDGP1 wrote:That's usually kept for the naughty roomAprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?!![]()
![]()
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Here comes Winter!
We can barely hear our on moaning over the sound of yoursAprilaydee wrote:The only moaning I'd be doin is telling you two to keep the noise down...DGP1 wrote:I'm married so I'm used to a lot of moaningdvbuk55 wrote:And multiple moans at thatDGP1 wrote:That's usually kept for the naughty roomAprilaydee wrote:I pushed my trolley around in the snow last year... stop moaning, haven't heard me moaning have ya?!![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Sippin40oz
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 18:29
- Gender: Female
Re: Here comes Winter!
Got any advice for newbies dealing with the inbound harsh winter? Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?! Going to be my first winter out delivering and already struggling with the cold 
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Here comes Winter!
Thermal socks..........infact anything thermalSippin40oz wrote:Got any advice for newbies dealing with the inbound harsh winter? Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?! Going to be my first winter out delivering and already struggling with the cold
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
IdentityMatrix
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Here comes Winter!
As a casual, can I "demand" a stormproof jacket... for health and safety reasons? (IE, it's friggin' cold!) .. One casual in my office hasn't even been given a pair of walking shoes yet (near 6 months of employment)
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16738
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Here comes Winter!
No - wellies are useful for splashing in puddles. They are no use on delivery. You would look stupid. people would laugh at you.Sippin40oz wrote: Is it worth getting some wellies for the snow?!
The answer to the cold is layers. Thermal vest, t-shirt, shirt, body warmer, jacket, stormproof. Hat and fingerless gloves. Two pairs of socks and a good pair of shoes/boots with a good tread.
No scarves. (Although a keffiyeh would be good to annoy any Zionists in your DO.)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.