It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest postie
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
Conveniently placed skipsstokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
It might not go as far as that dv but almost all of the flyers at my place have been caught for one thing or another at some point.dvbuk55 wrote:Conveniently placed skipsstokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick...........................no, no just joking
Running,jumping fences,deliberate missorting,hiding small packets with the big ones,doorstepping,not obtaining a signature...there are many ways to shave time off a delivery.
And then it's "I've only ever done it once....honest".
Dumb as a box of rocks the lot of them.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
fishtank wrote:It might not go as far as that dv but almost all of the flyers at my place have been caught for one thing or another at some point.dvbuk55 wrote:Conveniently placed skipsstokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick...........................no, no just joking
Running,jumping fences,deliberate missorting,hiding small packets with the big ones,doorstepping,not obtaining a signature...there are many ways to shave time off a delivery.
And then it's "I've only ever done it once....honest".
Dumb as a box of rocks the lot of them.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
I know the sort ft, and have followed them on the old style delivery teams. Crashing through hedges, one guy would deliver the whole cul de sac to the first housestokes11eg wrote:fishtank wrote:It might not go as far as that dv but almost all of the flyers at my place have been caught for one thing or another at some point.dvbuk55 wrote:Conveniently placed skipsstokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick...........................no, no just joking
Running,jumping fences,deliberate missorting,hiding small packets with the big ones,doorstepping,not obtaining a signature...there are many ways to shave time off a delivery.
And then it's "I've only ever done it once....honest".
Dumb as a box of rocks the lot of them.Exactly---
-
underpants
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 23:22
- Gender: Male
- Location: wiltshire
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
o well he would make his job harder if he done that.kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
Problem is, these flyers, and a graet many others still get to 'keep, this saved time!dvbuk55 wrote:I know the sort ft, and have followed them on the old style delivery teams. Crashing through hedges, one guy would deliver the whole cul de sac to the first housestokes11eg wrote:fishtank wrote:It might not go as far as that dv but almost all of the flyers at my place have been caught for one thing or another at some point.dvbuk55 wrote:Conveniently placed skipsstokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick...........................no, no just joking
Running,jumping fences,deliberate missorting,hiding small packets with the big ones,doorstepping,not obtaining a signature...there are many ways to shave time off a delivery.
And then it's "I've only ever done it once....honest".
Dumb as a box of rocks the lot of them.Exactly---
, running - when the time was there to take OK I could see some point to it - but now that time has gone and yet they still do it
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
I would class myself as a quick postie - and I don't take any of the 'shortcuts' in this thread - I do the job properly but I naturally walk quickly.stokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick
A few years ago I tested the new walks (I volunteered) and did them at a 'normal' walking pace to an average of 3.30. At my own pace though I can do them in under 3hrs and some in a fair bit less - the posties that work at an average pace get them done within time, the slow ones sometimes go over but that's not because the walks are too long.
Don't make out that everyone who doesn't take 5hrs on a walk is doing allsorts wrong becaue it's not true. Some of the slower guys in our office never bring a packet back because they leave everyone they can't get rid of in blue bins.
Everyone works at their own pace.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
OnAFlyer wrote:I would class myself as a quick postie - and I don't take any of the 'shortcuts' in this thread - I do the job properly but I naturally walk quickly.stokes11eg wrote:It's always amazed me that these' fastest' workers, who can do everyone's walk so much more quickly, are never actually tested on the walks--Although some folks are naturally slightly faster, there is no way these flyers can be so good;;they should be made to prove how they manage to do the walks so quickly!kilrenny wrote:just introduced 4 hour walks, which manager being told cannot be done in the time. he has told one colleague he will start timing them and another he will be using fastest worker as his yardstick
A few years ago I tested the new walks (I volunteered) and did them at a 'normal' walking pace to an average of 3.30. At my own pace though I can do them in under 3hrs and some in a fair bit less - the posties that work at an average pace get them done within time, the slow ones sometimes go over but that's not because the walks are too long.
Don't make out that everyone who doesn't take 5hrs on a walk is doing allsorts wrong becaue it's not true. Some of the slower guys in our office never bring a packet back because they leave everyone they can't get rid of in blue bins.
Everyone works at their own pace.
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
Do you stop at doors to check mail for next house, or do you do that while walking? i'll concead i do the latter. Do you close customers gates?OnAFlyer wrote:I would class myself as a quick postie - and I don't take any of the 'shortcuts' in this thread - I do the job properly but I naturally walk quickly.
Have they not been done by pegasus yet?A few years ago I tested the new walks (I volunteered) and did them at a 'normal' walking pace to an average of 3.30. At my own pace though I can do them in under 3hrs and some in a fair bit less - the posties that work at an average pace get them done within time, the slow ones sometimes go over but that's not because the walks are too long.
are you still eh... on a flyer, i mean do you still go home early?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
I leave every gate as I find it, if it's a busy day I do check whilst walking though as most people would admit to.belle smith wrote:Do you stop at doors to check mail for next house, or do you do that while walking? i'll concead i do the latter. Do you close customers gates?OnAFlyer wrote:I would class myself as a quick postie - and I don't take any of the 'shortcuts' in this thread - I do the job properly but I naturally walk quickly.
Have they not been done by pegasus yet?A few years ago I tested the new walks (I volunteered) and did them at a 'normal' walking pace to an average of 3.30. At my own pace though I can do them in under 3hrs and some in a fair bit less - the posties that work at an average pace get them done within time, the slow ones sometimes go over but that's not because the walks are too long.
are you still eh... on a flyer, i mean do you still go home early?
Pegasus was run in our office a while ago and took 0 hours out, the walks were an average of 3.30 according to that.The new 4.15 walks are 40-50 mins longer than at present and are reasonable IMO, i'm still not sure how it's all going to fit into a 7.48hr day though when the revision goes through. It's not the walks that wil be the problem, it's the amount of indoor hours WSM's are supposed to save (they dont!)
And for going home early yes, we don't return to office and I admit i've worked to my time probably once in the last year, though with WSM's now in the office i'm must closer to it most days than it used to be.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
off to the Gulag with you BelialBELIAL wrote:Stakhanovite
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Royal Mail Bullying 4 hour delivery timed on quickest po
Thanks for the reponce very candid.OnAFlyer wrote: I leave every gate as I find it, if it's a busy day I do check whilst walking though as most people would admit to. Yep me too. it isn't doing the job properly though.
Pegasus was run in our office a while ago and took 0 hours out, the walks were an average of 3.30 according to that.The new 4.15 walks are 40-50 mins longer than at present and are reasonable IMO, i'm still not sure how it's all going to fit into a 7.48hr day though when the revision goes through. It's not the walks that wil be the problem, it's the amount of indoor hours WSM's are supposed to save (they dont!)
And for going home early yes, we don't return to office and I admit i've worked to my time probably once in the last year, though with WSM's now in the office i'm must closer to it most days than it used to be.