ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will I ever get any faster?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by DGP1 »

smokerjim wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Tank wrote:
Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hipocrite!!!
Come on Tank he had a :Very Happy in his post which meant he was having a laugh. Shall we move on.
No, absolutely not.......................... who's had training with anti Tank weaponry :chuckle
What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by Tank »

DGP1 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Tank wrote:
Tank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Tank wrote::roll: :roll: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh to u to!
FFS that should be 'to you too' if you're going to try and insult me at least get the English right :chuckle
:speak to the hand yawn.
Seen a couple of posts of yours that are not perfect English, so please do not be a hipocrite!!!
Come on Tank he had a :Very Happy in his post which meant he was having a laugh. Shall we move on.
No, absolutely not.......................... who's had training with anti Tank weaponry :chuckle
What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle

Ha Ha very good. :Applause
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle[/quote]

Well as everyone knows I am not one for casting aspersions BUT.......... a yellow fishing rod.............yellow? :hmmmm
postietaz
Posts: 271
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by postietaz »

arty_morty wrote:I'm beginning to wonder. When I started this job, just about 3 months ago I was taking the thick end of 4 hours to complete my duties. Now I'm closer to 3, or 2 and a half if I'm not on the missort run.

I'm not desperate to finish at 11ish like some of my colleagues or even 845 on Saturday like one driver I work with (yes, he managed it last week)! All I want to do is get to a point where I can stop worrying about failing SDs being late to bag drops.

So in your experience do new postmen/women get quicker over time or have I peaked?



you fcking better someones bonus running on this :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :funneh :funneh :whistle :whistle :left: :left: :funneh :funneh :no no :no no
postietaz
Posts: 271
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by postietaz »

and guess what it aint ours
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle
Well as everyone knows I am not one for casting aspersions BUT.......... a yellow fishing rod.............yellow? :hmmmm[/quote]
Image :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle
Well as everyone knows I am not one for casting aspersions BUT.......... a yellow fishing rod.............yellow? :hmmmm
Image :wink:[/quote]

Oh yes I remember the pink one from when you wore your Barbie outfit to the Village Peoples Ball, as I recall you went as Butch Barbie :oops:
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Will I ever get any faster?

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:What have you got? PAK 88, Carl Gustav, LAW, PIAT, Panzerschrek, MILAN, GAU-8 Avenger, Ordnance QF-17pdr, Boyes rifle? Whatever you got - I ain't trained :d'oh! :chuckle
Image
I have training in this and it does seem to have a great effect on him :chuckle :chuckle
Well as everyone knows I am not one for casting aspersions BUT.......... a yellow fishing rod.............yellow? :hmmmm
Image :wink:
Oh yes I remember the pink one from when you wore your Barbie outfit to the Village Peoples Ball, as I recall you went as Butch Barbie :oops:[/quote]

Was it as convincing as a giraffe in dark glasses trying to get into a "polar bears only" club?
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!