ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

10 yrs service gift

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by RedBagMan »

Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

RedBagMan wrote:Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into butterflies and flew away. ;liar
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into butterflies and flew away. ;liar
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into ice skates and slipped away
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into butterflies and flew away. ;liar
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into ice skates and slipped away
You're getting Cat shoes confused with the old Magnums... the slightest mention of the word "damp" an you were on your arse quicker than you can blink.

<waits for the tone to be lowered again>
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into butterflies and flew away. ;liar
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into ice skates and slipped away
You're getting Cat shoes confused with the old Magnums... the slightest mention of the word "damp" an you were on your arse quicker than you can blink.

<waits for the tone to be lowered again>
Not from me April, I have turned over a new leaf, no more naughty room antics from me.....................but when you say damp...................
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:Anything for 10 weeks ? I'm fast approaching ...

(Settle for a pair of Caterpillars wot I ordered 9 weeks ago :wink: )
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into butterflies and flew away. ;liar
Ah you're the one - thing is they turned into ice skates and slipped away
You're getting Cat shoes confused with the old Magnums... the slightest mention of the word "damp" an you were on your arse quicker than you can blink.

<waits for the tone to be lowered again>
Not from me April, I have turned over a new leaf, no more naughty room antics from me.....................but when you say damp...................
;liar
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
hunnybunny1690
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 18:09
Gender: Female

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by hunnybunny1690 »

when my partner reached ten years he got a cheap white metal consignia badge :-), he got ill health retirement last year which was a paperweight with thanks for your 18 years service, apart from the fact this is the cheapest of the cheap , to add further insult he had actually done 20 years service, needless to say he hasnt missed working for royal mail
hunnybunny1690
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 18:09
Gender: Female

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by hunnybunny1690 »

krussel wrote:
horris wrote:
krussel wrote:
brandydoguk wrote:I told the driver who delivered mine to return it to sender. If they can't give out some sort of decent acknowledgement of 10 years service they shouldn't bother. Who wants royal mail crap cluttering up their house? Not me that's for sure.
But what about your 10 year badge. :shock: Think of the pride you will feel with it pinned on your chest :left:
I've still got my Consignia badge, I wonder if that'll be worth anything ? :-)

Nope :d'oh!
stick it on ebay, my partner did, something along the lines of "only issued for one year, during the attempted name change, a real collectable for ant postal collector" :Very Happy p.s , look around the tenner mark
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by krussel »

hunnybunny1690 wrote:to add further insult he had actually done 20 years service
:d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

You could not make it up :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........