Then why on earth are they still telling part timers at the interviews that the working times are 9-2(or very similar). They are still doing this all over. These were the hours I got told at my interview. First day on the job, manager tried to change them, Impossible for me! Told him this too. He was fine with me starting at 9. Then I started at 6.30 for a while, on the understanding, I could use 20 minutes to take my son to school and make it back at the end of the shift, little did I know that I was allowed a 20 minute break anyway, good at doing that aren't they? Anyway, as punishment for annoying a certain person, they have changed my hours back to 9-1:48. It's heavenly.
IMHO they should stop telling people at interviews the hours are so when clearly they want to move the goal posts. They change them outwith my hours that I'm available for work, then they'll just need to lay me off. Will give me the kick in the 4rse that I need to find another job.
I think you will find that many started with RM because the hours suited around their children's school times. Don't move the goal posts after you have got people started in the job.