ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end for him.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
-
richietns
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
More of the same the government don't seem to be bothered about the USO,Labour are not bothered about renationalisation they are going to ban strikes altogether if truss gets in,the Conservatives love privatisation which ruins every company,Ofcom are just hanging on to six days for now,there might as well be a flag waver telling all prospective CEO's come and take some free money.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
Hi Team,
Our customers expect us to change, so we will be introducing new super-mega-hubs, who will deliver parcels 24/7, 365 days a year to the entire UK.
Below is a list of offices this might impact:
-Peterborough DO.
Si.
Our customers expect us to change, so we will be introducing new super-mega-hubs, who will deliver parcels 24/7, 365 days a year to the entire UK.
Below is a list of offices this might impact:
-Peterborough DO.
Si.
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2120
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
Well Done Peterborough Big Up to ya!
I hope Simple Simon gets booed EVERYWHERE he decides to turn up for some photo opportunities.
And as for, "is this the way to behave in 2022" perhaps you shouldn't be acting like some workhouse boss from 1822? You Asshole!
I hope Simple Simon gets booed EVERYWHERE he decides to turn up for some photo opportunities.
And as for, "is this the way to behave in 2022" perhaps you shouldn't be acting like some workhouse boss from 1822? You Asshole!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
So is this why? Because it was supposed to be a 'Aren't we fab' PR photo op? In front of an MP as well?
BTW had this MP done his changeover to drive?The 3,000th electric vehicle was deployed at Peterborough Delivery Office, which currently uses 106 vehicles for its delivery and collection functions operated by a fully electric fleet.
Royal Mail CEO, Simon Thompson and MP for Peterborough, Paul Bristow visited the Peterborough Delivery Office to celebrate the deployment of the 3,000th electric delivery van in the Royal Mail fleet.
“I loved driving this electric vehicle today at the Royal Mail Delivery Office and Mail Centre in Werrington. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.
-
no1postie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
well simon, i was given a whole row, 1 hour and 15 mins lapsing today that required a trolly on a walk i am unfamiliar with after i caught up and cleared my duty yesterday. so today had to cut of two loops of my own duty, and spend half an hour in the van clearing tracked. is this modernisation or a complete fiasco fueled by greedy people who's eyes are too big for their large stomachs ? p.s. thanks for the nice letter that i shredded and put in the cats litter tray x.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
yellowbelly wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 16:06. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.
How are they better for their staff Paul?
Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month? I sense most of us would take a brand new ICE van over an electric one.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 19:14yellowbelly wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 16:06. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.
How are they better for their staff Paul?I like the higher Peugots because I haven't got to drag my arse up the kerb like the Combos
I like electric windows so I can have them open in the Summer and close them with the flick of a switch
I'd prefer a CD player so I can play my own mixes
I Don't like all the beeping idiot alerts on modern vehicles
![]()
Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite.![]()
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
For a moment I was picturing an ice cream van, then I realised you meant Internal Combustion Engine. I dunno, for the purposes of the work, I'd much rather have an EV. Think about it. No smelly diesel fumes from a 12 year old clapped out Partner oozing into your cabin and the surrounding environment.TopperGas wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 20:47Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month? I sense most of us would take a brand new ICE van over an electric one.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 19:14yellowbelly wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 16:06. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.
How are they better for their staff Paul?I like the higher Peugots because I haven't got to drag my arse up the kerb like the Combos
I like electric windows so I can have them open in the Summer and close them with the flick of a switch
I'd prefer a CD player so I can play my own mixes
I Don't like all the beeping idiot alerts on modern vehicles
![]()
Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite.![]()
Also, with being automatic, no up down, up down gear changes. Gets a bit tiring and annoying when delivering packets in town duties and also in heavy traffic - which we'll be facing more of if RM push the start times back.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
I suppose we're all missing the point.... it's just "Greenwashing" to make Royal Fail LOOK good when we all know they're shite, and couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakers shop!
Do you really think they really give a shite about our aircraft polluting the atmosphere, or is the millions of pounds they could possibly save by getting rid of them? Hypocrites the lot of them.
Do you really think they really give a shite about our aircraft polluting the atmosphere, or is the millions of pounds they could possibly save by getting rid of them? Hypocrites the lot of them.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4115
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.
Every 2 weeks or so for me but tbh unless I'm missing something plugging the charger into the van when you park up back at the office doesn't sound like that much hassle....oh hang on it's RM we're talking about they'll probably get us 10 vans but only 2 plugs or an extension lead out of the office window so yeah hassle just like every other supposedly simple task.