ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by Deadly »

I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end for him.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by greengiant »

Deadly wrote: ↑
29 Jul 2022, 09:15
I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end for him.
Do you think a new CEO will be any better? Or just more of the same?
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by richietns »

More of the same the government don't seem to be bothered about the USO,Labour are not bothered about renationalisation they are going to ban strikes altogether if truss gets in,the Conservatives love privatisation which ruins every company,Ofcom are just hanging on to six days for now,there might as well be a flag waver telling all prospective CEO's come and take some free money.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by sindba »

Hi Team,

Our customers expect us to change, so we will be introducing new super-mega-hubs, who will deliver parcels 24/7, 365 days a year to the entire UK.

Below is a list of offices this might impact:

-Peterborough DO.

Si.
qwerty2
Posts: 2120
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by qwerty2 »

sindba wrote: ↑
29 Jul 2022, 15:43
Hi Team,

Our customers expect us to change, so we will be introducing new super-mega-hubs, who will deliver parcels 24/7, 365 days a year to the entire UK.

Below is a list of offices this might impact:

-Peterborough DO.

Si. :left: :left: :left: :left:
.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by crimson king »

:Applause :Very Happy :Applause
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Well Done Peterborough Big Up to ya! :Applause

I hope Simple Simon gets booed EVERYWHERE he decides to turn up for some photo opportunities. :thumbup

And as for, "is this the way to behave in 2022" perhaps you shouldn't be acting like some workhouse boss from 1822? You Asshole! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by yellowbelly »

So is this why? Because it was supposed to be a 'Aren't we fab' PR photo op? In front of an MP as well?
The 3,000th electric vehicle was deployed at Peterborough Delivery Office, which currently uses 106 vehicles for its delivery and collection functions operated by a fully electric fleet.

Royal Mail CEO, Simon Thompson and MP for Peterborough, Paul Bristow visited the Peterborough Delivery Office to celebrate the deployment of the 3,000th electric delivery van in the Royal Mail fleet.

“I loved driving this electric vehicle today at the Royal Mail Delivery Office and Mail Centre in Werrington. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.
BTW had this MP done his changeover to drive?
no1postie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by no1postie »

well simon, i was given a whole row, 1 hour and 15 mins lapsing today that required a trolly on a walk i am unfamiliar with after i caught up and cleared my duty yesterday. so today had to cut of two loops of my own duty, and spend half an hour in the van clearing tracked. is this modernisation or a complete fiasco fueled by greedy people who's eyes are too big for their large stomachs ? p.s. thanks for the nice letter that i shredded and put in the cats litter tray x.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 16:06
. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.


How are they better for their staff Paul? :hmmmm I like the higher Peugots because I haven't got to drag my arse up the kerb like the Combos :thumbup I like electric windows so I can have them open in the Summer and close them with the flick of a switch :thumbup I'd prefer a CD player so I can play my own mixes :thumbup I Don't like all the beeping idiot alerts on modern vehicles :thumbdown

Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by TopperGas »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 19:14
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 16:06
. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.


How are they better for their staff Paul? :hmmmm I like the higher Peugots because I haven't got to drag my arse up the kerb like the Combos :thumbup I like electric windows so I can have them open in the Summer and close them with the flick of a switch :thumbup I'd prefer a CD player so I can play my own mixes :thumbup I Don't like all the beeping idiot alerts on modern vehicles :thumbdown

Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite. :cuppa
Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month? I sense most of us would take a brand new ICE van over an electric one.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by ssdd »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 20:47
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 19:14
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 16:06
. It’s important the Royal Mail invest in electric vehicles as they are better for their staff as well as the environment,” said Paul Bristow, MP for Peterborough.


How are they better for their staff Paul? :hmmmm I like the higher Peugots because I haven't got to drag my arse up the kerb like the Combos :thumbup I like electric windows so I can have them open in the Summer and close them with the flick of a switch :thumbup I'd prefer a CD player so I can play my own mixes :thumbup I Don't like all the beeping idiot alerts on modern vehicles :thumbdown

Apart from that I don't care if it's steam powered, or coal fired! Unless there's a Mail Launcher that fires any letters through a door that I'm parked outside I really don't give a shite. :cuppa
Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month? I sense most of us would take a brand new ICE van over an electric one.
For a moment I was picturing an ice cream van, then I realised you meant Internal Combustion Engine. I dunno, for the purposes of the work, I'd much rather have an EV. Think about it. No smelly diesel fumes from a 12 year old clapped out Partner oozing into your cabin and the surrounding environment.

Also, with being automatic, no up down, up down gear changes. Gets a bit tiring and annoying when delivering packets in town duties and also in heavy traffic - which we'll be facing more of if RM push the start times back.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I suppose we're all missing the point.... it's just "Greenwashing" to make Royal Fail LOOK good when we all know they're shite, and couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakers shop! :no no

Do you really think they really give a shite about our aircraft polluting the atmosphere, or is the millions of pounds they could possibly save by getting rid of them? Hypocrites the lot of them. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by 2yearpostie »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 20:47

Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month?
Refueling Once a week in my case.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4115
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Thompson Storms Out. Allegedly.

Post by ted_e_bear »

2yearpostie wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2022, 08:44
TopperGas wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022, 20:47

Surely you've missed the fact that drivers now have the hassle of charging the vans regularly rather than just re-fueling them once a month?
Refueling Once a week in my case.
Every 2 weeks or so for me but tbh unless I'm missing something plugging the charger into the van when you park up back at the office doesn't sound like that much hassle....oh hang on it's RM we're talking about they'll probably get us 10 vans but only 2 plugs or an extension lead out of the office window so yeah hassle just like every other supposedly simple task.