ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'll heath retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
derekm
Posts: 340
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 22:17
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by derekm »

97gaz wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 23:52
Sputters wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2021, 15:59
I have been told I might be eligible for ill heath retirement after 20 years service and I am taking My nra 60 . I am 60 years of age . Can anyone tell me how it would affect my pension and how much royal mail pay for retiring me
Thanks
I don't think It should affect either your nra60 and nra65 as both schemes are now closed to new contributions. The agreement for IHR is 34 weeks pay untaxed and 12 week lieu of notice which is taxed. That worked out at £21,500 for me, a full timer.
So £21500 and your body is knackered !!! Not a lot considering what you have given to the company.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by grandypants »

Best thing I ever did :nana :nana :nana
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by robbertwhitton »

grandypants wrote: ↑
18 Feb 2021, 21:59
Best thing I ever did :nana :nana :nana
You hide it so well my friend,yes am sure it’s the right way to go for those that are struggling,and would say it’s those that have been in a while and getting on a bit,
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by 97gaz »

derekm wrote: ↑
18 Feb 2021, 16:39

So £21500 and your body is knackered !!! Not a lot considering what you have given to the company.
I would suspect that it's a lot more than other companies will pay. I don't think there's a requirement to pay an IHR payment. I stand to be corrected though.
Mozalini
Posts: 16
Joined: 07 Jan 2010, 20:55
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by Mozalini »

So 21k is the figure for ihr, can you take part of the pension too? I've been paying in for 32 years and I'm 50 next week.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: I'll heath retirement

Post by Biker Mouse »

Mozalini wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2021, 22:53
So 21k is the figure for ihr, can you take part of the pension too? I've been paying in for 32 years and I'm 50 next week.

Don’t think you can until you’re 55