Completely bonkers idea. Anyone actually tried feeding D2Ds into the frame after filling the slots up with all the mail and the smallest sized packets!!! Then RM wonder why not all their rules and guidelines are followed to the letter.CPTNemoUK wrote:I didn't know that. The lino goes round my office like a prison warden making sure you put them in first.D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D Agreement
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
D2D Agreement
So not only do I have to check my colleagues work to see what they have or haven't done, I report their failings to the manager?yellowbelly wrote:Maybe inform Lino/DOMNewPostieUK wrote:No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame), and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.................
Whole can of worms there . .
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3730
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
Well you did ask.....NewPostieUK wrote:So not only do I have to check my colleagues work to see what they have or haven't done, I report their failings to the manager?yellowbelly wrote:Maybe inform Lino/DOMNewPostieUK wrote:No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame), and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.................
Whole can of worms there . .
Option 1 as I suggested, option 2 don't say anything and get on and prep/deliver claiming the O/T, option 3 leave them under the frameNewPostieUK wrote:...... and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.
for eternity or just chuck them in the bin (and risk getting the boot), option 4 have a strong word with the numpty who has put you in that position....!!!
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
On the sheet we are suppose to sign to say we have done them it says at the top “delivery with addressed mail” implying they shouldn’t go to houses with no mail. What’s that about?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
It also says the finished date is a Friday.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
Who actually preps the frame could change on a daily basis depending on the work plan.No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame)
Who is responsible for prepping the frame is much simpler, that would be the manager.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
At our place most people who are off Saturday just leave that section for floater even if it’s one! I know that most homes get 2 d2ds on Saturdays due to this!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
Pointless post alert from POSTMAN...
This really shouldn't be a no brainer, what the hell are the reps doing in these offices?
This really shouldn't be a no brainer, what the hell are the reps doing in these offices?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
Sorry but what are you saying that to? I dont understand how they should be done. the contract states they should be delivered by friday and only with addressed mail.POSTMAN wrote:Pointless post alert from POSTMAN...
This really shouldn't be a no brainer, what the hell are the reps doing in these offices?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?Celgar wrote:I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.k979aaa wrote:So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.postmanzach wrote:You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?Celgar wrote:I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.k979aaa wrote:So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
An automated system is too 21st century for RM. Pen and paper like in 1950 is the way they roll.Celgar wrote:I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.postmanzach wrote:You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?Celgar wrote:I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.k979aaa wrote:So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
That’s terrible! I just sign in sign out, if go over the manager will record it and print out the overtime sheet for us to sign. Shouldn’t have to chase it up. Perhaps you should say your cutting off due to not having enough time to complete with the d2d work? Then they will probably get someone to chuck them off for you.Celgar wrote:I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.postmanzach wrote:You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?Celgar wrote:I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.k979aaa wrote:So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
I completely. Agree on the pay system, we have guys finishing over an hour early near every day sometimes 2, then they complain when they have to do a little extra and say they shouldn’t be punished for being more efficient than slow people. It’s a difficult one to explain, but WORK TO TIME Job and finish should have ended on 2009.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
Apart from when they come in 3 days late from the MC and our boss says carry em over to next week!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D Agreement
The union rep in our DO says the D2Ds should be in our office by the preceding Saturday. If they arrive later than the Monday of the week they are due to be delivered then we are allowed to return them.masterblaster wrote:Apart from when they come in 3 days late from the MC and our boss says carry em over to next week!Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Carrying over D2Ds to the following week is breaking the contract and should not be done. They are trying to avoid getting into trouble when they are not delivered but this could backfire on them if they are found out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.