ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D Agreement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by Celgar »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals
I didn't know that. The lino goes round my office like a prison warden making sure you put them in first.
Completely bonkers idea. Anyone actually tried feeding D2Ds into the frame after filling the slots up with all the mail and the smallest sized packets!!! Then RM wonder why not all their rules and guidelines are followed to the letter.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

D2D Agreement

Post by NewPostieUK »

yellowbelly wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame), and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.................
Maybe inform Lino/DOM
So not only do I have to check my colleagues work to see what they have or haven't done, I report their failings to the manager?

Whole can of worms there . .
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by yellowbelly »

NewPostieUK wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame), and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.................
Maybe inform Lino/DOM
So not only do I have to check my colleagues work to see what they have or haven't done, I report their failings to the manager?

Whole can of worms there . .
Well you did ask.....
NewPostieUK wrote:...... and what the duty holder is meant to do when they aren't prepped.
Option 1 as I suggested, option 2 don't say anything and get on and prep/deliver claiming the O/T, option 3 leave them under the frame
for eternity or just chuck them in the bin (and risk getting the boot), option 4 have a strong word with the numpty who has put you in that position....!!!
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by postmanzach »

On the sheet we are suppose to sign to say we have done them it says at the top “delivery with addressed mail” implying they shouldn’t go to houses with no mail. What’s that about?
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by postmanzach »

It also says the finished date is a Friday.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by Woody Guthrie »

No mention of WHO actually preps them (the person who is responsible for prepping the frame)
Who actually preps the frame could change on a daily basis depending on the work plan.

Who is responsible for prepping the frame is much simpler, that would be the manager.
Only dead fish follow the current
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by matthew68 »

At our place most people who are off Saturday just leave that section for floater even if it’s one! I know that most homes get 2 d2ds on Saturdays due to this!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by POSTMAN »

Pointless post alert from POSTMAN...
This really shouldn't be a no brainer, what the hell are the reps doing in these offices?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by postmanzach »

POSTMAN wrote:Pointless post alert from POSTMAN...
This really shouldn't be a no brainer, what the hell are the reps doing in these offices?
Sorry but what are you saying that to? I dont understand how they should be done. the contract states they should be delivered by friday and only with addressed mail.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by postmanzach »

Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!
I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by Celgar »

postmanzach wrote:
Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!
I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?
I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by Trail »

Celgar wrote:
postmanzach wrote:
Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!
I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?
I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.
An automated system is too 21st century for RM. Pen and paper like in 1950 is the way they roll.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by postmanzach »

Celgar wrote:
postmanzach wrote:
Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
So you have scope for more do you or maybe others are hard pushed with the piss poor agreement we now have and other who do don't pull their weight like managers everything has a matrix thats where my overtime went into the matrix and bonus of said managers pockets!
I'm going to get it in the neck for writing the following but it's just where I am in this job and that's it really.
Was last day of the extra summer absorption today not that I generally have time to fit it into my duty time. I also like to get my D2Ds all into the frame on Saturdays to deliver the majority of them on the following Monday. To be honest nowadays I don't have time within duty time to prep the D2Ds within duty time either. As a result I did two hours of work unpaid today - half an hour for the absorption and 90 minutes to prep five D2D items into the frame. The top bods don't realise how good a deal they get from the workforce currently. They are about to **** it all up the wall if they push us to strike.
You finish work late you get paid for it, whats going on you are choosing to not get paid extra?
I got to the point probably a long time ago when I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's just too much hassle. I'm by no means the only one in RM in this situation. Our newest postie was pretty good but they left the job mainly because they were going over duty time on a regular basis and not getting paid for it. I think we need better, or maybe automated, payment procedures so everyone gets paid for the time they work. It wouldn't be so good for any posties that are routinely finishing early but maybe this would be arguably fairer. It's a can of worms.
That’s terrible! I just sign in sign out, if go over the manager will record it and print out the overtime sheet for us to sign. Shouldn’t have to chase it up. Perhaps you should say your cutting off due to not having enough time to complete with the d2d work? Then they will probably get someone to chuck them off for you.
I completely. Agree on the pay system, we have guys finishing over an hour early near every day sometimes 2, then they complain when they have to do a little extra and say they shouldn’t be punished for being more efficient than slow people. It’s a difficult one to explain, but WORK TO TIME Job and finish should have ended on 2009.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by masterblaster »

Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Apart from when they come in 3 days late from the MC and our boss says carry em over to next week!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D Agreement

Post by Celgar »

masterblaster wrote:
Celgar wrote:Doesn't matter how many bank holidays there are in a week. As long as the remaining D2Ds in the frame on the last working day of the week are delivered there will be no fallout. This is all you need to know.
Apart from when they come in 3 days late from the MC and our boss says carry em over to next week!
The union rep in our DO says the D2Ds should be in our office by the preceding Saturday. If they arrive later than the Monday of the week they are due to be delivered then we are allowed to return them.
Carrying over D2Ds to the following week is breaking the contract and should not be done. They are trying to avoid getting into trouble when they are not delivered but this could backfire on them if they are found out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.