When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...
I leave my van with a full tank.
clean inside and out
log book up to date
when I return from leave...
van has a trickle of fuel left
s**t hole inside
log book not once filled in
some people are just arseholes.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Refuelling vans
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
really???Tinoblade wrote:When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...
I leave my van with a full tank.
clean inside and out
log book up to date
when I return from leave...
van has a trickle of fuel left
s**t hole inside
log book not once filled in
some people are just arseholes.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
Yesmiles_peters wrote:really???Tinoblade wrote:When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...
I leave my van with a full tank.
clean inside and out
log book up to date
when I return from leave...
van has a trickle of fuel left
s**t hole inside
log book not once filled in
some people are just arseholes.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
Tinoblade wrote:Yesmiles_peters wrote:really???Tinoblade wrote:When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...
I leave my van with a full tank.
clean inside and out
log book up to date
when I return from leave...
van has a trickle of fuel left
s**t hole inside
log book not once filled in
some people are just arseholes.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
No, really I don’t understand. Our office doesn’t have a place to clean our vans, otherwise I would! Sorry for the genuine questionmiles_peters wrote:Tinoblade wrote:Yesmiles_peters wrote:really???Tinoblade wrote:When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...
I leave my van with a full tank.
clean inside and out
log book up to date
when I return from leave...
van has a trickle of fuel left
s**t hole inside
log book not once filled in
some people are just arseholes.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
Usually a safe assumption.miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Yeah I know what you mean, I clear out the inside after every shift too. What is with the bands on the gear stick? They’re like gold dust in our office
Do they cover cost or do you just do it out your own pocket? Winters taking its toll on mine and I’d like to give it a good cleaner
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
yep same here97gaz wrote:If you use a local garage to fill up and you use a card dedicated to the van, then you can usually use that to pay for a jet wash. Ask at the counter.Tinoblade wrote:Usually a safe assumption.miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Yeah I know what you mean, I clear out the inside after every shift too. What is with the bands on the gear stick? They’re like gold dust in our office
Do they cover cost or do you just do it out your own pocket? Winters taking its toll on mine and I’d like to give it a good cleaner
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Refuelling vans
Most of the vans in my office are like that, full of rubbish inside, some of them smell bad, no one cares :(miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
I do, but I`m one of the few...
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Refuelling vans
You have a what? Why would you go and fill the tank when you have a half full tank, whoever thought up that "rule" is absolutely bonkers!!!postmanzach wrote:We have a half tank rule. I am however lazy as f**k and won’t fill it up till it’s nearly empty if I know I’m using it all week.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Refuelling vans
Better to have a dirty van full of blank 739s when you forget yours!!!