ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Refuelling vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by Tinoblade »

miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...

I leave my van with a full tank.

clean inside and out

log book up to date

when I return from leave...

van has a trickle of fuel left

s**t hole inside

log book not once filled in

some people are just arseholes.
When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by miles_peters »

Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...

I leave my van with a full tank.

clean inside and out

log book up to date

when I return from leave...

van has a trickle of fuel left

s**t hole inside

log book not once filled in

some people are just arseholes.
When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?
really???
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by Tinoblade »

miles_peters wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...

I leave my van with a full tank.

clean inside and out

log book up to date

when I return from leave...

van has a trickle of fuel left

s**t hole inside

log book not once filled in

some people are just arseholes.
When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?
really???
Yes
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by miles_peters »

Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...

I leave my van with a full tank.

clean inside and out

log book up to date

when I return from leave...

van has a trickle of fuel left

s**t hole inside

log book not once filled in

some people are just arseholes.
When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?
really???
Yes
:Applause
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by Tinoblade »

miles_peters wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:when I go on leave...

I leave my van with a full tank.

clean inside and out

log book up to date

when I return from leave...

van has a trickle of fuel left

s**t hole inside

log book not once filled in

some people are just arseholes.
When do you have time to clean the outside? And where?
really???
Yes
:Applause
No, really I don’t understand. Our office doesn’t have a place to clean our vans, otherwise I would! Sorry for the genuine question
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by miles_peters »

oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by Tinoblade »

miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Usually a safe assumption.

Yeah I know what you mean, I clear out the inside after every shift too. What is with the bands on the gear stick? They’re like gold dust in our office

Do they cover cost or do you just do it out your own pocket? Winters taking its toll on mine and I’d like to give it a good cleaner
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by miles_peters »

97gaz wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Usually a safe assumption.

Yeah I know what you mean, I clear out the inside after every shift too. What is with the bands on the gear stick? They’re like gold dust in our office

Do they cover cost or do you just do it out your own pocket? Winters taking its toll on mine and I’d like to give it a good cleaner
If you use a local garage to fill up and you use a card dedicated to the van, then you can usually use that to pay for a jet wash. Ask at the counter.
yep same here
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Refuelling vans

Post by Janet Brum »

miles_peters wrote:oh sorry thought you was taking the piss. ok so I keep the inside clean by just clearing any rubbish out at the end of my delivery each day eg bands. however when I am on leave this is not done, I come back to a gear stick wrapped in bands, sweet wrappers, half bottles of drinks, stains, and 739's all over the place. And the outside gets cleaned at the petrol station near my office when it needs cleaning, im not someone who needs it to be shiny clean all the time, I will do this every 2 to 3 months. its the inside that it a total shithole after I return from leave.
Most of the vans in my office are like that, full of rubbish inside, some of them smell bad, no one cares :(
I do, but I`m one of the few...
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Refuelling vans

Post by steve1873 »

postmanzach wrote:We have a half tank rule. I am however lazy as f**k and won’t fill it up till it’s nearly empty if I know I’m using it all week. :Very Happy
You have a what? Why would you go and fill the tank when you have a half full tank, whoever thought up that "rule" is absolutely bonkers!!!
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Refuelling vans

Post by telithowitis »

Better to have a dirty van full of blank 739s when you forget yours!!!