ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What you guys eat?!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by crimson king »

clashcityrocker wrote:
crimson king wrote:or marmite (for avocado).
Marmite and avocado?
Seriously?
Yeah! It's nice, thank me later....
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by crimson king »

DrSatan wrote:
crimson king wrote: Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish
Three or four whole breasts? Full chicken fillets? That's a whole lot!
Yeah, okay, you got me.... didn't mean whole breasts...

Those chicken breast slices you get from ...places.....

I'm still a fully honed whippit me, whatever.... :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Our DO doesn't have a canteen facility anymore so it's cereal for me mixed with oats during my break. Usually grab a chocolate bar and bag of crisps out on delivery and if I'm doing OT it's another bowl of cereal before going back out. Eat tons of crap and takeaways outside work hours though but it gets burnt off and my weight stays steady. Though if I have annual leave I absolutely pile the weight on very quickly :oops:

Makes you wonder how hard RM are flogging their employees :hmmmm
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I barely have time for meal relief on the job.

Anyway, it's dinner time for me now, so I think I'll cook up some good old-fashioned beans on toast. Simple, healthy and fun. :thumbup
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by postslippete »

A canteen....what's one of them???
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

What you guys eat?!

Post by Interested-seeker »

As a reserve, I don't have time to eat on the duties I cover. I barely have time to have a sip of my drink.

Today, I had cornflakes before work. I didn't eat anything til I got home.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by Ren Hoëk »

I rarely eat during work. Il have some cereal before I head off to work probably around about 05:10ish then nothing until I get home at about 2/3pm depending if its a long or short. I try not to drink too much out on delivery as well as I have a fairly weak bladder.

The issue I find is that because il have my lunch at 3ish my missus gets home at 4ish and then wants tea. So I eat two meals within about 2 hours of each other. Our meal relief is fixed at 8am! Lunch, at 8am! Im starting to think I may ask my boss and partner if this can change.
Dayman!
Posts: 51
Joined: 07 Nov 2016, 19:06
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by Dayman! »

Interested-seeker wrote:As a reserve, I don't have time to eat on the duties I cover. I barely have time to have a sip of my drink.

Today, I had cornflakes before work. I didn't eat anything til I got home.
You do have time, actually.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by DiamondSmiles »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:I barely have time for meal relief on the job.

Anyway, it's dinner time for me now, so I think I'll cook up some good old-fashioned beans on toast. Simple, healthy and fun. :thumbup
Everyone has 40 min PAID meal relief and should take it whatever amount of work they have that day
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

DiamondSmiles wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I barely have time for meal relief on the job.

Anyway, it's dinner time for me now, so I think I'll cook up some good old-fashioned beans on toast. Simple, healthy and fun. :thumbup
Everyone has 40 min PAID meal relief and should take it whatever amount of work they have that day
That's the theory, DiamondSmiles, but when I work with cocky drivers who don't work hard enough, then I miss out on my meal relief. And no, the managers aren't helpful. :sad: