I go in at 8 (my start time) and often there are boxes of mail waiting to go into frames; I have to check the IPS shelves regularly; I have to sort out all of my parcels and packets into my route. Then I do the redirects. Then I tie up. Then I get my pda, login and download the route. Then I go for a final toilet visit as I know there aren't any on the route. Then I go out, ensuring I have plenty of P739s and a working biro.NewPostieUK wrote:If you are part time then your duty is probably meant to be prepped for you. Do you get paid overtime for going in early and prepping your duty?cookiewise wrote:I just have to pop over and check a number of shelves for my route
In terms of overtime, DM is very reluctant to pay me any when I run over. I've only been there 6 weeks and struggle to finish on time. My official finish time is 1pm and I have only achieved that once and when I did I was sent out with more mail.
RM owes me over 12 hours in overtime.
I feel totally demoralised and victimised. DM is not hassling anyone else for trying to claim overtime. The fact tat I am still awake at 4am demonstrates just how much this job is upsetting me.