ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by tonytucker »

f**k d2d there a pain in the arse and no one reads them
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Luckily I don't get many people moaning on my walk about them. If the householder is outside their house 90% of the time it goes straight in the bin in front of me :left:
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by NewPostieUK »

When you've got someone standing at their door with their hand out, it's an absolute fecking embarrassment handing over one letter and 6 or 7 leaflets.
Dannybuca
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by Dannybuca »

NewPostieUK wrote:When you've got someone standing at their door with their hand out, it's an absolute fecking embarrassment handing over one letter and 6 or 7 leaflets.
Or, even worse, no letters & a hand full to the brim with said tat.

PS- D2D annoys me more when it's dense, like this week we have a glossy furniture mini-booklet (along with the usual stuff). It makes a big difference to the weight of the bag.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by Celgar »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Rommagic wrote:

Not if we go down to 35 hours a week.Even next month would help with going down to 38 hours.
And what about your colleagues on 20/25 hour contracts?
The more hours an office needs, the better their contracts will need to be.

35 hours is some years away.
RM do need to reduce the time needed to do the job somewhat to enable further hours of SWW. I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up. This time could be reduced if they were loosely packaged somehow in sets ready to just push into the slots in the frame.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.
You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by rubberbond »

azza30 wrote:Why don't we call it what it is - Junk Mail. :shhhhh . I always tell everyone that moans about them to sign up to a mps. Less I have the better. Big waste of trees
It's not MPS they need in this case , it's optout@royalmail.com they just don't want people to know about it that's why it's not widely publicised, though it is pointed out by the likes of Which? Consumer magazine. P
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by Kings Norton »

Everyone nests door to doors after two lots, if its a case where we cannot nest then RM has big problems, if RM don't want them nesting then get one contract per walk per week simple!
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by Janet Brum »

rubberbond wrote:92% of people on my delivery throw them straight in the bin , the other 8 % are either thrown on the floor once they've been retrieved from the wall boxes at the flats I deliver to, or they are handed back to me by the customer saying I don't want this crap , well neither do I , but I'm paid to deliver it, if you don't want it throw it away. Honestly these figures are the biggest load of bollocks I've ever seen,why would you keep a leaflet for 30 + days? Who does that.
I do, I have a box by the door where I put all the door to doors I get, I never look at them and put them in the recycling bin once a month.
Those figures are fake for sure, I can`t be the only person who`s not interested in a garage door or a Domino pizza :arrrghhh
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by miles_peters »

im so glad BUNNINGS went broke. Those thick rolled up newspaper catalogues every week ruined my life.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by greengiant »

How about the d2d control sheet actually showing the number of d2d opt outs
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by donein »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Put them altogether for us.
Yes then they can take even more hours out of delivery.
Great idea!

what time do you get to do your d2d,s then cos we don,t
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by ted_e_bear »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.
You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!
I've got 7 and by the time I'd got them out of the boxes and sorted them into some kind of order etc it took me nearly half an hour just to put todays in. Yeah I know they pay my wages but I hate the b*stards I actually think it was a mistake to increase the limit as I'm pretty sure that when anyone gets loads of them shoved through they're less likely to read them more likely to think what's all this shite and chuck them in the bin.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by postmanzach »

donein wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Put them altogether for us.
Yes then they can take even more hours out of delivery.
Great idea!

what time do you get to do your d2d,s then cos we don,t
What you on about its built in to every duty, its same as throwing off mail, you do that for free? you go over you book it.
really f's m,e off people coming in throwing them off for free on a saturday or doing them early for free, undermining the job.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises

Post by postmanzach »

ted_e_bear wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.
You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!
I've got 7 and by the time I'd got them out of the boxes and sorted them into some kind of order etc it took me nearly half an hour just to put todays in. Yeah I know they pay my wages but I hate the b*stards I actually think it was a mistake to increase the limit as I'm pretty sure that when anyone gets loads of them shoved through they're less likely to read them more likely to think what's all this shite and chuck them in the bin.
i agree, i had six last week and had a number of people ask how to cancel them. counter productive for sure sending out so many