ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
f**k d2d there a pain in the arse and no one reads them
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
Luckily I don't get many people moaning on my walk about them. If the householder is outside their house 90% of the time it goes straight in the bin in front of me 
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
When you've got someone standing at their door with their hand out, it's an absolute fecking embarrassment handing over one letter and 6 or 7 leaflets.
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
Or, even worse, no letters & a hand full to the brim with said tat.NewPostieUK wrote:When you've got someone standing at their door with their hand out, it's an absolute fecking embarrassment handing over one letter and 6 or 7 leaflets.
PS- D2D annoys me more when it's dense, like this week we have a glossy furniture mini-booklet (along with the usual stuff). It makes a big difference to the weight of the bag.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
RM do need to reduce the time needed to do the job somewhat to enable further hours of SWW. I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up. This time could be reduced if they were loosely packaged somehow in sets ready to just push into the slots in the frame.clashcityrocker wrote:And what about your colleagues on 20/25 hour contracts?Rommagic wrote:
Not if we go down to 35 hours a week.Even next month would help with going down to 38 hours.
The more hours an office needs, the better their contracts will need to be.
35 hours is some years away.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
It's not MPS they need in this case , it's optout@royalmail.com they just don't want people to know about it that's why it's not widely publicised, though it is pointed out by the likes of Which? Consumer magazine. Pazza30 wrote:Why don't we call it what it is - Junk Mail.. I always tell everyone that moans about them to sign up to a mps. Less I have the better. Big waste of trees
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
Everyone nests door to doors after two lots, if its a case where we cannot nest then RM has big problems, if RM don't want them nesting then get one contract per walk per week simple!
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
I do, I have a box by the door where I put all the door to doors I get, I never look at them and put them in the recycling bin once a month.rubberbond wrote:92% of people on my delivery throw them straight in the bin , the other 8 % are either thrown on the floor once they've been retrieved from the wall boxes at the flats I deliver to, or they are handed back to me by the customer saying I don't want this crap , well neither do I , but I'm paid to deliver it, if you don't want it throw it away. Honestly these figures are the biggest load of bollocks I've ever seen,why would you keep a leaflet for 30 + days? Who does that.
Those figures are fake for sure, I can`t be the only person who`s not interested in a garage door or a Domino pizza
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
im so glad BUNNINGS went broke. Those thick rolled up newspaper catalogues every week ruined my life.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
How about the d2d control sheet actually showing the number of d2d opt outs
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
clashcityrocker wrote:Yes then they can take even more hours out of delivery.Rommagic wrote:Put them altogether for us.
Great idea!
what time do you get to do your d2d,s then cos we don,t
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
I've got 7 and by the time I'd got them out of the boxes and sorted them into some kind of order etc it took me nearly half an hour just to put todays in. Yeah I know they pay my wages but I hate the b*stards I actually think it was a mistake to increase the limit as I'm pretty sure that when anyone gets loads of them shoved through they're less likely to read them more likely to think what's all this shite and chuck them in the bin.Bahia Feliz wrote:You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
What you on about its built in to every duty, its same as throwing off mail, you do that for free? you go over you book it.donein wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:Yes then they can take even more hours out of delivery.Rommagic wrote:Put them altogether for us.
Great idea!
what time do you get to do your d2d,s then cos we don,t
really f's m,e off people coming in throwing them off for free on a saturday or doing them early for free, undermining the job.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : We need to deliver on our Door to Door promises
i agree, i had six last week and had a number of people ask how to cancel them. counter productive for sure sending out so manyted_e_bear wrote:I've got 7 and by the time I'd got them out of the boxes and sorted them into some kind of order etc it took me nearly half an hour just to put todays in. Yeah I know they pay my wages but I hate the b*stards I actually think it was a mistake to increase the limit as I'm pretty sure that when anyone gets loads of them shoved through they're less likely to read them more likely to think what's all this shite and chuck them in the bin.Bahia Feliz wrote:You're not supposed to 'throw them all up' on one day!Celgar wrote: I had six D2Ds this week and it took over 90 minutes to throw them all up.