ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
You are wrong about can’t be paid it doesn’t happen where I work but it does in some delivery offices a good friend of mine works nights on the css machines when he’s on leave he regularly gets a call to go in on ot when someone is sick and he definitely gets paid
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
It can’t be paid. If it is it’s wrong and is fraud as you are being paid twice. It does go on but managers have to hide the payments (maybe over a few weeks) as the system doesn’t allow it.
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
I've done it once, worked 5 days whilst being off. The office was in the poo and they begged me to work it. Didn't know it wasn't allowed tho! Although my kid did get really spoilt the next week lol
I do know I'm allowed to work 2 days when I'm on leave tho as I'm contracted to 24hrs over 4 days, so I'm working my days off
I do know I'm allowed to work 2 days when I'm on leave tho as I'm contracted to 24hrs over 4 days, so I'm working my days off
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
I'm not wrong. If it is happening anywhere then the manager concerned is breaking the rules.Driver74 wrote:You are wrong about can’t be paid it doesn’t happen where I work but it does in some delivery offices a good friend of mine works nights on the css machines when he’s on leave he regularly gets a call to go in on ot when someone is sick and he definitely gets paid
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Law, not rules, Law.Celgar wrote:I'm not wrong. If it is happening anywhere then the manager concerned is breaking the rules.Driver74 wrote:You are wrong about can’t be paid it doesn’t happen where I work but it does in some delivery offices a good friend of mine works nights on the css machines when he’s on leave he regularly gets a call to go in on ot when someone is sick and he definitely gets paid
You cannot be on leave and working at the same time.
https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/legal ... n-holiday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xperthr.co.uk/faq/can-employ ... ave/88802/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Legal risks to the employer
It is not possible for employees to contract out of their statutory holiday entitlement. Therefore, there is a risk, although as yet untested, that if workers are required or pressurised to work while on holiday they could bring a claim that their employer refused to permit them to take their statutory holiday entitlement in breach of the Working Time Regulations.
So not a "should" but a "must", so if you work during your statutory leave (which is most of our basic annual entitlement) and the managers know this, then they are potentially breaking the law. But then as Royal Mail don't train managers. or least don't appear to, in basic employment law, it will get brushed under the carpet till someone is caught.Employers must ensure that employees are able to take the minimum statutory annual leave entitlement under the Working Time Regulations 1998 (SI 1998/1833).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
I didn’t say the official rules allow it all I was saying is that it definitely does happen in some delivery offices when they are pushed for staff
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Why do people with kids think they should get special treatment? It's your choice to have kids is it not.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
To the op, ask to see if any colleagues are looking to swap leave? You may find there are people who would rather take holidays out with the school holiday period?
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Exactly some people have partners that work in schools but have no children or grown up children who want school holidays.rambo1 wrote:Why do people with kids think they should get special treatment? It's your choice to have kids is it not.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Well said! We all have equal rights to time off, just because people choose to have a child doesn’t give them the right to dictate holidaysrambo1 wrote:Why do people with kids think they should get special treatment? It's your choice to have kids is it not.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
I know. It is like those people who need time off to look after elderly relatives.joewyan wrote:Well said! We all have equal rights to time off, just because people choose to have a child doesn’t give them the right to dictate holidaysrambo1 wrote:Why do people with kids think they should get special treatment? It's your choice to have kids is it not.
Nobody asked them not to die at a respectable age.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
To the OP and tbf anyone else who wants a chat, are there any extra leave slots due to summer lapsing.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
Somehow I think this is a little different. I’m not denying anyone time off, and obviously parents are still able to have time off if their children are sick etc. However why they think they should have all the school holidays because they have children is not right. The OP has 3 weeks in school holidays, that’s 3 more than me.clashcityrocker wrote:I know. It is like those people who need time off to look after elderly relatives.joewyan wrote:Well said! We all have equal rights to time off, just because people choose to have a child doesn’t give them the right to dictate holidaysrambo1 wrote:Why do people with kids think they should get special treatment? It's your choice to have kids is it not.
Nobody asked them not to die at a respectable age.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leave Slots no more school holiday slots left can I apply for unpaid leave
To be fair to the OP he hasn't asked to be treated as a special case, all he was doing is asking what his options are.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.