On Leave. Didn't ask for it, don't want it. Asked if I could work and get paid o/t which was refused. Said I could find two walks a day at other offices but was denied permission to do that.Creditshampoo wrote:
What do you mean by “forced onto leave”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Re: overtime
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
You were correctly denied to work it as annual leave isn’t optional! However I’ve noticed that they tend to let people work if it suits them.Gummage wrote:On Leave. Didn't ask for it, don't want it. Asked if I could work and get paid o/t which was refused. Said I could find two walks a day at other offices but was denied permission to do that.Creditshampoo wrote:
What do you mean by “forced onto leave”
How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.
Not happy about this, not happy at all
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Gummage wrote:Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.
Not happy about this, not happy at all
Tried hat with me before but this is from the uk gov website which I love referring them to and they back down.
“There may be rules about this in the employment contract or it may be what normally happens in the workplace. The notice period for this is at least twice as long as the leave they want their staff to take.”
https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- ... -time-off-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any half decent rep would know this
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Now you know that with this outfit there is no loyalty gained by helping them out even if it is for your own benefit. They shite from a great height just when they like.Gummage wrote:Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.
Not happy about this, not happy at all
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Whilst we're about it, are we allowed to name the Delivery Office's you shouldn't touch with a barge pole?
Last edited by Gummage on 12 Feb 2018, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Manager phoned me up the other day, I said I'm getting tired of always chasing OverTime Payments, I'm thinking of getting a second job, reply was "You better not have a f***ing second job to go to when I need you".
Last edited by Gummage on 12 Feb 2018, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
If you ghost you leave yourself open to conduct with or without manager permission
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...
Oh well, think of the money....
Oh well, think of the money....
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Well you didn’t have to say yes....and Oure not allowed to work during your holiday. Has this forum not taught you anythingGummage wrote:WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...
Oh well, think of the money....
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
There's always another "goto man/woman" so I don't think they'll hope, wish or quite frankly give a toss whether you get a second job or not..Gummage wrote:They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime....
Has been that way since I started, likely long before then and probably always will be.
We sometimes think we're crucial to the operation but we're just another bum on a seat. Once you get your head around that fact you'll maybe start enjoying your annual leave.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
Yes but I'm desperate for the money and too old to be a rent boy.Creditshampoo wrote:Well you didn’t have to say yes....and Oure not allowed to work during your holiday. Has this forum not taught you anythingGummage wrote:WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...
Oh well, think of the money....
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Re: overtime
Gummage. Get a life. Hope you stopped paying into the pension because you won't get much of it by the sounds of it, and I bet that there is more than a few people on here who know which office your from and you talking about ghost overtime ect. If I was your DOM I would be worried. Your doing someone out of a job if your doing 70hrs plus per week. For the overtime rates that you get now, you are actually working for less for more crap. There's nothing wrong with a bit of overtime, but what your doing, bye f..k.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: overtime
If you're on official leave you can't go in and work overtime. The system says you're not there so you can't be paid. Best you can get is a day/s in lieu but then quite often you have a struggle to get those days in lieu booked at a later date. I have done it before now more to help the office out than for the money but I wouldn't again. Its not worth the hassle.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.