ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Re: overtime

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

Creditshampoo wrote:
What do you mean by “forced onto leave”
On Leave. Didn't ask for it, don't want it. Asked if I could work and get paid o/t which was refused. Said I could find two walks a day at other offices but was denied permission to do that.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Creditshampoo »

Gummage wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
What do you mean by “forced onto leave”
On Leave. Didn't ask for it, don't want it. Asked if I could work and get paid o/t which was refused. Said I could find two walks a day at other offices but was denied permission to do that.
You were correctly denied to work it as annual leave isn’t optional! However I’ve noticed that they tend to let people work if it suits them.

How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.

They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.

Not happy about this, not happy at all :evil/mad
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Creditshampoo »

Gummage wrote:
How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.

They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.

Not happy about this, not happy at all :evil/mad

Tried hat with me before but this is from the uk gov website which I love referring them to and they back down.

“There may be rules about this in the employment contract or it may be what normally happens in the workplace. The notice period for this is at least twice as long as the leave they want their staff to take.”

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- ... -time-off-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any half decent rep would know this
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Lincox »

Gummage wrote:
How much notice did they give you before you had to take leave and how long for?
Three days notice that I was going on Leave, about five minutes after they noticed I had four weeks leave remaining.

They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime and then the managers will find themselves taking out a lot more walks.

Not happy about this, not happy at all :evil/mad
Now you know that with this outfit there is no loyalty gained by helping them out even if it is for your own benefit. They shite from a great height just when they like.
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

Whilst we're about it, are we allowed to name the Delivery Office's you shouldn't touch with a barge pole?
Last edited by Gummage on 12 Feb 2018, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

Manager phoned me up the other day, I said I'm getting tired of always chasing OverTime Payments, I'm thinking of getting a second job, reply was "You better not have a f***ing second job to go to when I need you".
Last edited by Gummage on 12 Feb 2018, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Creditshampoo »

If you ghost you leave yourself open to conduct with or without manager permission
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...

Oh well, think of the money....
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Creditshampoo »

Gummage wrote:WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...

Oh well, think of the money....
Well you didn’t have to say yes....and Oure not allowed to work during your holiday. Has this forum not taught you anything
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by fishtank »

Gummage wrote:They better hope I don't find a second job or the sector might lose a "goto man" for overtime....
There's always another "goto man/woman" so I don't think they'll hope, wish or quite frankly give a toss whether you get a second job or not..

Has been that way since I started, likely long before then and probably always will be.
We sometimes think we're crucial to the operation but we're just another bum on a seat. Once you get your head around that fact you'll maybe start enjoying your annual leave.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Gummage »

Creditshampoo wrote:
Gummage wrote:WOW - the guy who forced me to take Leave and denied me permission to do OT during Leave suddenly phones me up and says "Can you help me out" and ten minutes later I'm taking a walk out on OT whilst on Leave...

Oh well, think of the money....
Well you didn’t have to say yes....and Oure not allowed to work during your holiday. Has this forum not taught you anything
Yes but I'm desperate for the money and too old to be a rent boy.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Re: overtime

Post by Navalron »

Gummage. Get a life. Hope you stopped paying into the pension because you won't get much of it by the sounds of it, and I bet that there is more than a few people on here who know which office your from and you talking about ghost overtime ect. If I was your DOM I would be worried. Your doing someone out of a job if your doing 70hrs plus per week. For the overtime rates that you get now, you are actually working for less for more crap. There's nothing wrong with a bit of overtime, but what your doing, bye f..k.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: overtime

Post by Celgar »

If you're on official leave you can't go in and work overtime. The system says you're not there so you can't be paid. Best you can get is a day/s in lieu but then quite often you have a struggle to get those days in lieu booked at a later date. I have done it before now more to help the office out than for the money but I wouldn't again. Its not worth the hassle.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.