ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2pm til 9pm.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by koolishy67 »

Not 9 pm but 5 pm is very good possibility within a year or two.
Binsey
Posts: 390
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by Binsey »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Roll on late shift allowance !


Sadly that will have gone. As they are proposing only paying an allowance between 2200 and 0600.
As I understand it I could be wrong of course.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

2pm til 9pm.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

You are late tonight postie - crica + 1 year from now if...............

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Driver74
Posts: 117
Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by Driver74 »

Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by gary1975 »

Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apart
MacKG
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Dec 2016, 22:27
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by MacKG »

gary1975 wrote:
Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apart
Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though! :thumbup
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

2pm til 9pm.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9am to 5pm might suit many workers but 6am to 2pm hours was the reason many of us started working for Royal Mail.
I like to Finnish early so would rather work earlier, 4am to noon, than later.
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by Pidleypoo »

gary1975 wrote:
Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apart
We all know 9-5 wouldn't be the hours and most jobs are mon-friday with those hours.
Along with working in the dark in some dodgy areas that make us a target and a more hazardous environment to work in.
I took this job because of the hours of work and those hours do mean I can no longer forfill the commitments I have outside of work.
9-5 actually means just that in most other jobs but it does not here, it would be 5:30 or 6, 7,8 unless you want massive arguments every single day and lest not forget how busy it gets from October and the workload in December.
9-5 it certainly would not be and you know it and I don't care what the public think.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Don't most 9-5 workers get a 1 hour lunch break ?
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by ernieshoe »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Don't most 9-5 workers get a 1 hour lunch break ?
9 - 5.30 are the standard office hours with hour lunch break
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by sweepster70 »

MacKG wrote:
gary1975 wrote:
Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apart
Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though! :thumbup
Mac KG, by that statement I guess you've only been working for Royal Mail for a short time or on a wind up.
That's the sort of thing my manager said once to me ...... "You should be grateful you have a job"
I replied by saying "If I had just started then maybee, but I joined Royal Mail like you, when jobs were aplenty"
He never said it again.
MacKG
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Dec 2016, 22:27
Gender: Male

2pm til 9pm.

Post by MacKG »

sweepster70 wrote:
MacKG wrote:
gary1975 wrote:
Driver74 wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strike
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apart
Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though! :thumbup
Mac KG, by that statement I guess you've only been working for Royal Mail for a short time or on a wind up.
That's the sort of thing my manager said once to me ...... "You should be grateful you have a job"
I replied by saying "If I had just started then maybee, but I joined Royal Mail like you, when jobs were aplenty"
He never said it again.
Just a bit of banter mate. Lightening the mood and all that.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

2pm til 9pm.

Post by arnold cheshire »

What about 1pm specials?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

2pm til 9pm.

Post by k979aaa »

arnold cheshire wrote:What about 1pm specials?
Probably send the twats who come in two hours early to do those!