ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2pm til 9pm.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Not 9 pm but 5 pm is very good possibility within a year or two.
-
Binsey
- Posts: 390
- Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Roll on late shift allowance !
Sadly that will have gone. As they are proposing only paying an allowance between 2200 and 0600.
As I understand it I could be wrong of course.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
2pm til 9pm.
You are late tonight postie - crica + 1 year from now if...............


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apartDriver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
-
MacKG
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 18 Dec 2016, 22:27
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though!gary1975 wrote:9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apartDriver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
2pm til 9pm.
9am to 5pm might suit many workers but 6am to 2pm hours was the reason many of us started working for Royal Mail.Driver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
I like to Finnish early so would rather work earlier, 4am to noon, than later.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
We all know 9-5 wouldn't be the hours and most jobs are mon-friday with those hours.gary1975 wrote:9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apartDriver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
Along with working in the dark in some dodgy areas that make us a target and a more hazardous environment to work in.
I took this job because of the hours of work and those hours do mean I can no longer forfill the commitments I have outside of work.
9-5 actually means just that in most other jobs but it does not here, it would be 5:30 or 6, 7,8 unless you want massive arguments every single day and lest not forget how busy it gets from October and the workload in December.
9-5 it certainly would not be and you know it and I don't care what the public think.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Don't most 9-5 workers get a 1 hour lunch break ?
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
9 - 5.30 are the standard office hours with hour lunch breakTheTrolleyMan wrote:Don't most 9-5 workers get a 1 hour lunch break ?
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Mac KG, by that statement I guess you've only been working for Royal Mail for a short time or on a wind up.MacKG wrote:Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though!gary1975 wrote:9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apartDriver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
That's the sort of thing my manager said once to me ...... "You should be grateful you have a job"
I replied by saying "If I had just started then maybee, but I joined Royal Mail like you, when jobs were aplenty"
He never said it again.
-
MacKG
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 18 Dec 2016, 22:27
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Just a bit of banter mate. Lightening the mood and all that.sweepster70 wrote:Mac KG, by that statement I guess you've only been working for Royal Mail for a short time or on a wind up.MacKG wrote:Be thankful you're not in processing then. My Saturday shift is 13:45 - 18:45! At least I've got a job though!gary1975 wrote:9-5 is not much of a problem mon-fri but not getting in until gone six on a sat will drive family time further apartDriver74 wrote:So working 9-5 gives you no life outside work that's the world most people live in I think the public would find that a strange reason to strikePidleypoo wrote:If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
That's the sort of thing my manager said once to me ...... "You should be grateful you have a job"
I replied by saying "If I had just started then maybee, but I joined Royal Mail like you, when jobs were aplenty"
He never said it again.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
2pm til 9pm.
What about 1pm specials?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
2pm til 9pm.
Probably send the twats who come in two hours early to do those!arnold cheshire wrote:What about 1pm specials?