ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any one leaving soon

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jiries
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 08:30
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by Jiries »

Cancelled.
Last edited by Jiries on 04 May 2017, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by aposter »

daveyeff wrote:everybody seems to say that when they get another job.....much better wages etc :hmmmm
Just for you, I took VR 11 months ago , spent a month looking for a job and then 8 months working on £7.9 p/h agency work, ok it was indoors with no hassle and no stress. Now moved on to a better job, still agency but after an initial probationary period the money should about equal RM, again indoors and easy work.

I would do it all again, given the choice I would have waited another 12 - 24 month before taking VR bit doubted it would have been available to me again, honestly think RM will go way downhill especially if/when the agreements around pay and conditions end, no way will a listed company keep paying what they do and letting people get away with what they do, sorry it is true.

Atb.
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by HarryPoorer »

Certainly a doomed company, I had 1 box of flowers and 2 red envelopes on valentines day whereas Hermes guy was rushed off his feet. You tell watch&win and they aren't interested. :arrrghhh
All down to their precious managers and linos we don't need . :Applause
Sunflower14
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 58
Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
Gender: Female

Any one leaving soon

Post by Sunflower14 »

I left about a week ago, I'm not working at the mo, but my cv has been found by several agencies to do contracting jobs. Money so much better.

Leaving was the best thing I did, no more aching all over and going into work feeling ill, Working 6 days a week for pittance and waiting ages for floating week off. Being bossed around by a partner/work coach nah, worse job I've ever done.
1969tonka
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 98
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Any one leaving soon

Post by 1969tonka »

Just got my Green Card so off to Oregon to live and work (American wife has been here 26 years and wants to go home) , can't wait , will be gone by April :nana
carpathia_kuja
Posts: 86
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
Gender: Male
Location: Toon

Any one leaving soon

Post by carpathia_kuja »

I'll be leaving just before 10 years hits, job has changed and no morale in the workplace anymore, just depressing.