ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by malcolm3011 »

I used to do an HCT delivery roughly 9.5 miles and take between 4.30-4,45 hours. Nice to be retired now :dance
Sawfeet
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Sawfeet »

Anything from 6.5 to 8 miles most days, but I go to other depots on rest days or as spare can do 12 miles.
With HCT
All my walk are tracked with a Garmin.

Must get a heart rate monitor at some point to be more of a geek.
Leegabriell
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Nov 2016, 20:02
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Leegabriell »

Average 8-10 miles daily

I've also measured elavation gain (iPhone/apple watch) I average 2400 ft for reference snowdon is 3500 ft
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by WOBBLY »

Around 12 miles.
Carryoncas
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
Gender: Female

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Carryoncas »

I'm just a PT reserve so I get moved around different walks a lot, but I average about 10 miles a day. Saturday just gone I did 15. I've got the Fitbit app on my phone, it's great for 'challenging' your friends
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Clared »

I use a fitbit too its amazing when you look back over months to see how many miles you have walked & calories you have burnt off
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Chewster »

8 miles when I first started on a HCT round, now around 10 or so
Archimedes1989
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Archimedes1989 »

Its such a big jump from 8 to 10 miles from 10 miles to 12 miles

Those extra couple of miles really make a difference

I walked 30k steps yesterday in one go, which is an all time record coming in at 13.75 miles, this took me roughly 4 and a half hours

My god i was done in after that, i come home and just curled up in bed, after an hour of just laying there i got up and it hurt to just walk haha

Having to wake up and do that all over again the next day would be serious serious hard work

8 miles a day is doable i think, but people walking 12+ miles on the regular is crazy !
Archimedes1989
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by Archimedes1989 »

Justanotherstar wrote:
Archimedes1989 wrote:For those who have bothered to check by using a step counter app on your phone ?

Dont want this to turn into dick measuring contest of look how far i walk i walk further than you type thing lol, just legit how far your round is in steps or distance and also time taken to complete
8 & and half on a cold day...
Just rechecking the topic and re read your post and it clicked :Applause :Applause
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

How far do you walk on your rounds ?

Post by delfranklin1969 »

My van share duty is around 10 miles, seems the norm with a lot of rounds!