ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
I used to do an HCT delivery roughly 9.5 miles and take between 4.30-4,45 hours. Nice to be retired now 
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
Anything from 6.5 to 8 miles most days, but I go to other depots on rest days or as spare can do 12 miles.
With HCT
All my walk are tracked with a Garmin.
Must get a heart rate monitor at some point to be more of a geek.
With HCT
All my walk are tracked with a Garmin.
Must get a heart rate monitor at some point to be more of a geek.
-
Leegabriell
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Nov 2016, 20:02
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
Average 8-10 miles daily
I've also measured elavation gain (iPhone/apple watch) I average 2400 ft for reference snowdon is 3500 ft
I've also measured elavation gain (iPhone/apple watch) I average 2400 ft for reference snowdon is 3500 ft
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
Around 12 miles.
-
Carryoncas
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
- Gender: Female
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
I'm just a PT reserve so I get moved around different walks a lot, but I average about 10 miles a day. Saturday just gone I did 15. I've got the Fitbit app on my phone, it's great for 'challenging' your friends
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
I use a fitbit too its amazing when you look back over months to see how many miles you have walked & calories you have burnt off
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
8 miles when I first started on a HCT round, now around 10 or so
-
Archimedes1989
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
Its such a big jump from 8 to 10 miles from 10 miles to 12 miles
Those extra couple of miles really make a difference
I walked 30k steps yesterday in one go, which is an all time record coming in at 13.75 miles, this took me roughly 4 and a half hours
My god i was done in after that, i come home and just curled up in bed, after an hour of just laying there i got up and it hurt to just walk haha
Having to wake up and do that all over again the next day would be serious serious hard work
8 miles a day is doable i think, but people walking 12+ miles on the regular is crazy !
Those extra couple of miles really make a difference
I walked 30k steps yesterday in one go, which is an all time record coming in at 13.75 miles, this took me roughly 4 and a half hours
My god i was done in after that, i come home and just curled up in bed, after an hour of just laying there i got up and it hurt to just walk haha
Having to wake up and do that all over again the next day would be serious serious hard work
8 miles a day is doable i think, but people walking 12+ miles on the regular is crazy !
-
Archimedes1989
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
Just rechecking the topic and re read your post and it clickedJustanotherstar wrote:8 & and half on a cold day...Archimedes1989 wrote:For those who have bothered to check by using a step counter app on your phone ?
Dont want this to turn into dick measuring contest of look how far i walk i walk further than you type thing lol, just legit how far your round is in steps or distance and also time taken to complete
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
How far do you walk on your rounds ?
My van share duty is around 10 miles, seems the norm with a lot of rounds!