ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by picture123 »

If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by Spigot bearing »

Bit worrying
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

picture123 wrote:If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?

Non-matching loops, or linear delivery to go all World class.

Sometimes the actually delivery pouches won't be in loops. One at ours leapfrogs each other. Driver drops walker with LWT, goes to his start point, then goes back and collects the walker. Although this is a fairly long road with most addresses on only 1 side.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by NewPostieUK »

Decpassat06 wrote: I've been told I should have training on a new duty is this true ?
LOL yes, you should be trained up before going out on any duty.

I've refused many times due to not being trained up. How can I do it if i don't know where it is? A couple of times I've been talked into going out
I've taken out about 3/4 of the duty and made it clear that it's a one-off favour and anywhere I can't find I'll be taking back to the office.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by NewPostieUK »

picture123 wrote:If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?
You get dropped off and the driver disappears into the distance, how do you know where he is going? On one duty I do, I get dropped off and the driver goes and does a village that I've never been to in my life. Another one involves driving around farms, a stately home and a castle. I couldn't do that without training.
notgoodanymore
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 11:55
Gender: Female

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by notgoodanymore »

how much training do you think is needed?
or is there any rules?
Decpassat06
Posts: 65
Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
Gender: Male

Worried about tomorrow, advice needed

Post by Decpassat06 »

Was a walker for around 4 days on the duty to cover the walker who is now back, the driver is off for a week so covering him, the walker can't drive and has no idea where the van goes off to just a rough idea, needless to say I got some stick
Of the manger for taking a bag back