ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
Bit worrying
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
picture123 wrote:If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?
Non-matching loops, or linear delivery to go all World class.
Sometimes the actually delivery pouches won't be in loops. One at ours leapfrogs each other. Driver drops walker with LWT, goes to his start point, then goes back and collects the walker. Although this is a fairly long road with most addresses on only 1 side.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
LOL yes, you should be trained up before going out on any duty.Decpassat06 wrote: I've been told I should have training on a new duty is this true ?
I've refused many times due to not being trained up. How can I do it if i don't know where it is? A couple of times I've been talked into going out
I've taken out about 3/4 of the duty and made it clear that it's a one-off favour and anywhere I can't find I'll be taking back to the office.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
You get dropped off and the driver disappears into the distance, how do you know where he is going? On one duty I do, I get dropped off and the driver goes and does a village that I've never been to in my life. Another one involves driving around farms, a stately home and a castle. I couldn't do that without training.picture123 wrote:If you were on the duty as a walker for a week how do you not know where the driver was parking?
-
notgoodanymore
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 11:55
- Gender: Female
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
how much training do you think is needed?
or is there any rules?
or is there any rules?
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Worried about tomorrow, advice needed
Was a walker for around 4 days on the duty to cover the walker who is now back, the driver is off for a week so covering him, the walker can't drive and has no idea where the van goes off to just a rough idea, needless to say I got some stick
Of the manger for taking a bag back
Of the manger for taking a bag back