Well usually to get a big juicy overtime payment, I actually have to bend over my bosses desk so he can royally shaft me while I say thank you (metaphorically of course).aiden01 wrote:Where do you get big juicy o,t payments
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rant ,,
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rant ,,
Del Monteaiden01 wrote:Where do you get big juicy o,t payments
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
LolChewster wrote:Well usually to get a big juicy overtime payment, I actually have to bend over my bosses desk so he can royally shaft me while I say thank you (metaphorically of course).aiden01 wrote:Where do you get big juicy o,t payments
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
I think if you're going over because you want the extra overtime you wouldn't be complaining about it on here Chewster.Chewster wrote:
Some of us go over because we like having big juicy overtime payments at the end of the week..some of us are paying off cars..or trying to save up for a house deposit...it's not rocket science...
Problem we have is trying to get the right amount of Posties for the amount of work we have. They normaly tell us, "We think it's better that the current staff are given the opportunity to earn more overtime"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
Yeah, I think I've probably painted a picture of myself not wanting overtime. To clarify, I like overtime, but what I do not like is the manner in which I'm often given the overtime. I can ask and ask for say, to work my day off, and I won't get it. BUT THEN, when I'm finishing work the day before my day off, they'll wait till that moment to ask me if I still want to work it. Or wait till the end of the day before telling us that there's extra stuff to deliver. I hope that makes more sense lol.Dorset Plodder wrote:I think if you're going over because you want the extra overtime you wouldn't be complaining about it on here Chewster.Chewster wrote:
Some of us go over because we like having big juicy overtime payments at the end of the week..some of us are paying off cars..or trying to save up for a house deposit...it's not rocket science...
Problem we have is trying to get the right amount of Posties for the amount of work we have. They normaly tell us, "We think it's better that the current staff are given the opportunity to earn more overtime"!Off the record one of the Managers admitted that Royal Mail don't like recruiting more staff, not necessarily because of the Tax & NI but more importantly the Holiday Pay & Sick Pay (which I admit is something I hadn't considered because I don't have that much Sick Abscence)
Our office also has a problem with getting the right amount of staff for the job. They like to say rubbish about overtime opportunities, but really it's just the managers favourites that get all the overtime. There's one guy in our office taking home over £600 most weeks with all his overtime...I've asked for months to get trained on some collection duties (the office is woefully short of people who either know them or want to do them) but instead, a select few people are getting them all the time.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
Don't think there's a lot you can do about Favouritism ......... If you kick up a fuss they just say you're jealous or make up some stupid excuse why Postie X is doing a collection every day! TBH if you want to earn Overtime doing collections is an easy option.Chewster wrote:
Our office also has a problem with getting the right amount of staff for the job. They like to say rubbish about overtime opportunities, but really it's just the managers favourites that get all the overtime. There's one guy in our office taking home over £600 most weeks with all his overtime...I've asked for months to get trained on some collection duties (the office is woefully short of people who either know them or want to do them) but instead, a select few people are getting them all the time.
You could push for a list of aggregated overtime to be published. I've tried before but with an obstructive DOM it won't happen. Mainly becuse it highlights that the same group of people are doing 23 Hours plus overtime per week!
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 11 May 2016, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
every office seems to have staff being under paid. loads in our office this week. Im guessing the managers do this on purpose so they can stay in budget and make some excuse it is a admin error, system down etc. its like when you get a bill don't pay it and wait for the reminder letter. if every office under pays their staff by 10 plus hours each week hoping they won't notice and in every office, royal mail must be saying 7 figures a month.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
You're right if they conned an hours pay off every Postie in the UK it'd be big bucks!glass joe wrote:every office seems to have staff being under paid. loads in our office this week. Im guessing the managers do this on purpose so they can stay in budget and make some excuse it is a admin error, system down etc. its like when you get a bill don't pay it and wait for the reminder letter. if every office under pays their staff by 10 plus hours each week hoping they won't notice and in every office, royal mail must be saying 7 figures a month.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
Up to a few months ago we used to have job and finish,they put a stop to this practise and replaced it with triple lapsing or double lapsing and phase 3, so the runners stopped running and the early starters started on time, after a couple of months we now have extra staff employed and more hours put back in, simple.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rant ,,

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Rant ,,
Good for you lotwheresourmoney wrote:Up to a few months ago we used to have job and finish,they put a stop to this practise and replaced it with triple lapsing or double lapsing and phase 3, so the runners stopped running and the early starters started on time, after a couple of months we now have extra staff employed and more hours put back in, simple.