ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
unauthorised absence
-
doob
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: unauthorised absence
And as proved by this you do have email. I may not know where u live but I bet u have neighbours or if u were in desperate emergency you would be able to contact otherwise if I was you I would start thinking about getting a landline or making plans in case anything bad does happen!
Anyway merry Xmas everyone and let's hope it all gets sorted out
Anyway merry Xmas everyone and let's hope it all gets sorted out
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: unauthorised absence
I'd be interested in the outcome of this. I have a friend who needs a couple of days off and has been turned down. He seems to think he can just not turn up and lose two days wages (which he's happy to do). I've told him there's implications, he'll be taken down the disciplinary route.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: unauthorised absence
Abandonment of duty is a possibility especially if premeditated. Possible outcome of that is dismissal.NewPostieUK wrote:I'd be interested in the outcome of this. I have a friend who needs a couple of days off and has been turned down. He seems to think he can just not turn up and lose two days wages (which he's happy to do). I've told him there's implications, he'll be taken down the disciplinary route.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
CLINTEASTWOOD
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Re: unauthorised absence
Hi
simple as this you could have somehow contacted the manager if you really wanted to but you didn't.I bet you wont do it again.
simple as this you could have somehow contacted the manager if you really wanted to but you didn't.I bet you wont do it again.
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: unauthorised absence
The simple truth is I couldn't and if I could why wouldn't I?CLINTEASTWOOD wrote:Hi
simple as this you could have somehow contacted the manager if you really wanted to but you didn't.I bet you wont do it again.
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: unauthorised absence
It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: unauthorised absence
Thanks for the sarcasm. That is more or less how it was.leadseal wrote:It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
-
doob
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: unauthorised absence
You are definitely over selling it, how do u think people with one leg get around first thing etc. u could definitely of found a way if u really wanted to. Like I said u have Internet! It's amazing what the body can do if u want sonething enough. I've seen people with no cartilage in the knee carry on playing football and do deliveries. Yes in pain but they got about. It's not unreasonable for people reading this to think u could of found a way. For whatever reason u didn't and so whatever the outcome is u will have to take it. It was unauthorised at the end of the day
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: unauthorised absence
Who washed the sheets?eric the viking wrote:Thanks for the sarcasm. That is more or less how it was.leadseal wrote:It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
unauthorised absence
It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
unauthorised absence
eric the viking wrote:It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
unauthorised absence
A happy ending! 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
unauthorised absence
eric the viking wrote:It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.