ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

unauthorised absence

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
doob
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by doob »

And as proved by this you do have email. I may not know where u live but I bet u have neighbours or if u were in desperate emergency you would be able to contact otherwise if I was you I would start thinking about getting a landline or making plans in case anything bad does happen!

Anyway merry Xmas everyone and let's hope it all gets sorted out
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by NewPostieUK »

I'd be interested in the outcome of this. I have a friend who needs a couple of days off and has been turned down. He seems to think he can just not turn up and lose two days wages (which he's happy to do). I've told him there's implications, he'll be taken down the disciplinary route.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NewPostieUK wrote:I'd be interested in the outcome of this. I have a friend who needs a couple of days off and has been turned down. He seems to think he can just not turn up and lose two days wages (which he's happy to do). I've told him there's implications, he'll be taken down the disciplinary route.
Abandonment of duty is a possibility especially if premeditated. Possible outcome of that is dismissal.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
CLINTEASTWOOD
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
Gender: Male

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by CLINTEASTWOOD »

Hi
simple as this you could have somehow contacted the manager if you really wanted to but you didn't.I bet you wont do it again. :speak to the hand
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by eric the viking »

CLINTEASTWOOD wrote:Hi
simple as this you could have somehow contacted the manager if you really wanted to but you didn't.I bet you wont do it again. :speak to the hand
The simple truth is I couldn't and if I could why wouldn't I?
leadseal
Posts: 44
Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by leadseal »

It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by eric the viking »

leadseal wrote:It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
Thanks for the sarcasm. That is more or less how it was.
doob
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by doob »

You are definitely over selling it, how do u think people with one leg get around first thing etc. u could definitely of found a way if u really wanted to. Like I said u have Internet! It's amazing what the body can do if u want sonething enough. I've seen people with no cartilage in the knee carry on playing football and do deliveries. Yes in pain but they got about. It's not unreasonable for people reading this to think u could of found a way. For whatever reason u didn't and so whatever the outcome is u will have to take it. It was unauthorised at the end of the day
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: unauthorised absence

Post by dvbuk55 »

eric the viking wrote:
leadseal wrote:It must have been incredibly difficult for you. Imagine, no food, water or ability to go to the toilet for 48 hours.
Thanks for the sarcasm. That is more or less how it was.
Who washed the sheets?
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

unauthorised absence

Post by eric the viking »

It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

unauthorised absence

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

eric the viking wrote:It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

unauthorised absence

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

A happy ending! :dance
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

unauthorised absence

Post by aiden01 »

eric the viking wrote:It took a while they have admitted it was wrong and will be paying me.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy