ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by Pompey Boy »

Sad for us because it will the last one at Slindon Street :sad:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by DirtyHarry »

More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by bustedflush »

ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by tonytucker »

bustedflush wrote:
ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.
Dreading sitting around the dinner table with wife ,mother in law and sister in law.as I'm shagging all of them!
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by toomuchcoke »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Ironically the "Mafia" in our office quite look forward to Christmas. They stand to make anything up to £1500 in tips on "THEIR" duty. Most of them have had an easy year so far because their duties are easy (to be fair they might just be correct, but everyone else's are far too big). So for 3 or 4 weeks at Christmas they don't mind working a bit harder "For THEIR Customers"!
Would this all happen whilst driving "THEIR" van, and woe-betide any floater or leave reserve if any damage is ever found on said vehicle?[1] If so, I believe I know the type ...

Last Christmas the less-than-totally competent management[2] tried to screw me over, but in fact achieved the exact opposite. I didn't get any tips, and I didn't do much overtime but OTOH I never worked until it was dark either which if they'd left me on my actual duty would've been a certainty. So I called it a win!

[1] Some people might think the Royal Mail branding on the vehicle indicated some kind of ownership, but apparently it's "THEIR" van which they graciously allow the Royal Mail to use!
[2] Some might say this describes all RM managers, but in an appropriately Orwellian fashion I would say that whilst all RM managers can appear incompetent some can definitely appear more so than others!
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by DB1100 »

DirtyHarry wrote:More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
We are full steam down s**t creek as well.
For we were soldiers once,and young
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by ewancurze »

I have come off delivery :wave to go on night sorting from the 22nd Nov....so I am looking forward to Christmas now!
Eastie16
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 01:03
Gender: Female

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by Eastie16 »

DirtyHarry wrote:More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
When we used to have a lighter summer workload, we could recharge the batteries and be in good shape to face the Christmas peak, but with woeful understaffing and lapsing throughout the year, we've been stretched all summer long, so now everyone's knackered before we start. This week has been a killer and is only the beginning...
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by DirtyHarry »

We are only human and not many people can cope under such intense pressure, not just on the odd day here and there, but every single day, every single week, for two months flat? Nope, sickness will undoubtedly reach record levels this year, and you know what? Serves RM management right.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by ratchet »

tonytucker wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.
Dreading sitting around the dinner table with wife ,mother in law and sister in law.as I'm shagging all of them!
The Sportsmans triple........... I bet that's one round you don't complete on time. :shock:
I am no longer a number :-)
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

This has got to be a good one this year - most of us get 4 days off (deliverers) :nana now get buttering up the customers for the festive season, it's better than being a binman! :hmmmm
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by malcolm3011 »

Not me i got offered VR earlier this year so for once will be looking forward to Christmas, heard our small office are still 4 staff short and they are struggling to cope now and having to bring casuals in, could be an interesting xmas for them :hmmmm
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

toomuchcoke wrote: Would this all happen whilst driving "THEIR" van, and woe-betide any floater or leave reserve if any damage is ever found on said vehicle?[1] If so, I believe I know the type ...

You've hit the nail on the head there TMC. :thumbup I Dented the bumper on one not so long ago. God did he go on. Next time I saw it he'd done some amateur panel beating on it, and coloured in the damage with a Black marker Pen! :crazy:

[2] Some might say this describes all RM managers, but in an appropriately Orwellian fashion I would say that whilst all RM managers can appear incompetent some can definitely appear more so than others!
Very Good TMC. :Applause Maybe it should be, "All Manager's are Incompetent, But some are more Incompetent than others"!
:hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by dave0876 »

Our office twelve down out of 80+ staff this Xmas is going to be a disaster.All the goodwill in our office has gone there will be cut offs galore.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?

Post by Postie45 »

will be working my contracted hours, no more, no less. Glad there will be plenty of OT for those that want it.