ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Sad for us because it will the last one at Slindon Street 
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying![]()
![]()
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Dreading sitting around the dinner table with wife ,mother in law and sister in law.as I'm shagging all of them!bustedflush wrote:Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying![]()
![]()
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Would this all happen whilst driving "THEIR" van, and woe-betide any floater or leave reserve if any damage is ever found on said vehicle?[1] If so, I believe I know the type ...Dorset Plodder wrote:Ironically the "Mafia" in our office quite look forward to Christmas. They stand to make anything up to £1500 in tips on "THEIR" duty. Most of them have had an easy year so far because their duties are easy (to be fair they might just be correct, but everyone else's are far too big). So for 3 or 4 weeks at Christmas they don't mind working a bit harder "For THEIR Customers"!
Last Christmas the less-than-totally competent management[2] tried to screw me over, but in fact achieved the exact opposite. I didn't get any tips, and I didn't do much overtime but OTOH I never worked until it was dark either which if they'd left me on my actual duty would've been a certainty. So I called it a win!
[1] Some people might think the Royal Mail branding on the vehicle indicated some kind of ownership, but apparently it's "THEIR" van which they graciously allow the Royal Mail to use!
[2] Some might say this describes all RM managers, but in an appropriately Orwellian fashion I would say that whilst all RM managers can appear incompetent some can definitely appear more so than others!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
We are full steam down s**t creek as well.DirtyHarry wrote:More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
I have come off delivery
to go on night sorting from the 22nd Nov....so I am looking forward to Christmas now!
-
Eastie16
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 01:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
When we used to have a lighter summer workload, we could recharge the batteries and be in good shape to face the Christmas peak, but with woeful understaffing and lapsing throughout the year, we've been stretched all summer long, so now everyone's knackered before we start. This week has been a killer and is only the beginning...DirtyHarry wrote:More than a few have said they just can't face up to the pain &stress that is Christmas in Royal Mail and will be on the sick. I believe them too. On course for the most f****d-up Christmas yet, in our office.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
We are only human and not many people can cope under such intense pressure, not just on the odd day here and there, but every single day, every single week, for two months flat? Nope, sickness will undoubtedly reach record levels this year, and you know what? Serves RM management right.
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
The Sportsmans triple........... I bet that's one round you don't complete on time.tonytucker wrote:Dreading sitting around the dinner table with wife ,mother in law and sister in law.as I'm shagging all of them!bustedflush wrote:Sorry to hear that. I have mine staying with us permanently as it saves having to kiss her goodbye each time she visits.ratchet wrote:I certainly am............. the Mother in law is staying![]()
![]()
I am no longer a number :-)
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
This has got to be a good one this year - most of us get 4 days off (deliverers)
now get buttering up the customers for the festive season, it's better than being a binman! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Not me i got offered VR earlier this year so for once will be looking forward to Christmas, heard our small office are still 4 staff short and they are struggling to cope now and having to bring casuals in, could be an interesting xmas for them 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Very Good TMC.toomuchcoke wrote: Would this all happen whilst driving "THEIR" van, and woe-betide any floater or leave reserve if any damage is ever found on said vehicle?[1] If so, I believe I know the type ...
You've hit the nail on the head there TMC.I Dented the bumper on one not so long ago. God did he go on. Next time I saw it he'd done some amateur panel beating on it, and coloured in the damage with a Black marker Pen!
![]()
[2] Some might say this describes all RM managers, but in an appropriately Orwellian fashion I would say that whilst all RM managers can appear incompetent some can definitely appear more so than others!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
dave0876
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
Our office twelve down out of 80+ staff this Xmas is going to be a disaster.All the goodwill in our office has gone there will be cut offs galore.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Who's Dreading Christmas ... ?
will be working my contracted hours, no more, no less. Glad there will be plenty of OT for those that want it.