ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Some people are so lovely to us,then there are the rude ones

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Some people are so lovely to us,then there are the rude

Post by TeeferTiger »

Jpro747 wrote:Whoever came up the phrase "the customer is always right" should be shot
The customer isn't always right. They're always the customer though.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Some people are so lovely to us,then there are the rude

Post by TeeferTiger »

NWpostie wrote:I've had my share of awkward customers, I draw the line at being threatened and did actually get the police out on one customer, the outcome was he shut up after being given "word of advice" and a threat of arrest next time, he spoke more civilly to me since. :dance (The manager would have sat on it and done nothing about it so it if you want something done you do it yourself)
.
I called the police on someone in the callers office once. Getting abusive because he had no ID to collect his parcel. Said he was going to wait for me outside when I finished work so I ended up with a Police escort out of the building as I was locking up.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?