Are you sure? That is the opposite to what I was told when I was walk-tested. The guy said not to walk on ANY privately owned grass. Council grass was OK but even a little front garden strip which only needed one foot-step to cross was out of bounds.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Common sense will need to applied. RM don't have a list of what you can and can't walk on. The people living at the addresses do, so be guided by your relationship with them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Astroturf
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Astroturf
Yes I am sure they don't have a list.
Also in your instance you are being guided.
Also in your instance you are being guided.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
Well to be fair 'private grassed areas' would not be a list per se and it is sufficient to cover pretty much anything in question so a list is not needed.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes I am sure they don't have a list.
Also in your instance you are being guided.
But I think you are splitting hairs really because I don't think anyone believes there is a big list written in Red ink and bolded and kept in a draw in Moya Greens office which states what we cannot walk on. I obviously meant was are you sure it's not against company guidance to walk on private grass? Is it a no no? Every manager I've asked about it has said don't do it and obviously if a customer complains in every single instance without exception your LM will tell you you must not walk on the persons grass and stick to access paths. Sounds like it's a no no to me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Astroturf
Splitting hairs
All I suggested was that we use common sense. Common sense is that you use the obvious access route - a path, unless given permission to do so by the occupier. Thats exactly what the manager has told you when you asked.
Ergo no list, no company guidance, just using common sense.
Ergo no list, no company guidance, just using common sense.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
OK well I agree with that.
But there is a difference between saying-
There are no company rules (what I got from your first posts)
and
Company says use the paths unless householder says otherwise (post above)
Just sayin.
Have a good day.
But there is a difference between saying-
There are no company rules (what I got from your first posts)
and
Company says use the paths unless householder says otherwise (post above)
Just sayin.
Have a good day.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
Basically any hard surface adjoining two neighboring houses I will cross, unless too close to a window. Any low wall or fence I can safely step over too without contact. As for grass, if an unkempt crappy lawn yes, if tended no. Some people have stepping stones across grass which I use. Just common sense.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
You say that's common sense but I have a bit of a bomb-shell for you. If you trip over one of these low fences or walls one day and give yourself a broken leg you could well be off with no pay from RM (except SSP of £90pw) because you caused the accident by your own negligence.bustedflush wrote:Basically any hard surface adjoining two neighboring houses I will cross, unless too close to a window. Any low wall or fence I can safely step over too without contact. As for grass, if an unkempt crappy lawn yes, if tended no. Some people have stepping stones across grass which I use. Just common sense.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Astroturf
Yes, I'm aware of that but have never fallen as I have long legs and take care to concentrate and do it slowly. I've had a few falls that have been a result of not seeing stupid little raised metal fittings in the centre of an open drive where the gates shut (almost bust my big toe) and loose paving slabs and lastly the most common is twisting my ankle when trying to negotiate a 12-ins.gap between a car and the lawn/border which is a few inches lower and my foot slips off the edge of the drive.meercat wrote:You say that's common sense but I have a bit of a bomb-shell for you. If you trip over one of these low fences or walls one day and give yourself a broken leg you could well be off with no pay from RM (except SSP of £90pw) because you caused the accident by your own negligence.bustedflush wrote:Basically any hard surface adjoining two neighboring houses I will cross, unless too close to a window. Any low wall or fence I can safely step over too without contact. As for grass, if an unkempt crappy lawn yes, if tended no. Some people have stepping stones across grass which I use. Just common sense.