ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm Free!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

I applied then took the tests then after passing all that had a managers interview. Got my medical next week so fingers crossed lol. I'm 32 there are jobs out there for people 30+ where they like you to be of a more mature age because of the responsibility, double the money in a few years too. If have taken this job for the same money if it got me out of Royal Mail.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

norm wrote:
coxie wrote:
norm wrote:
coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?

Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.
Did you get interviewed first then take the test, or were the applicants selected on the basis of the test?
tests are available to all if you pay
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

https://www.how2become.com/courses/train-driver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by SWIM »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Well done on finding an exit strategy! :Applause I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job. :Very Happy
+1
'deal of the century' - dingo
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

£104 after vat
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

https://www.how2become.com/courses/train-driver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by jetblack »

You aren't exactly "free" - you've just chosen a different employer.

Royal Mail have crap managers - but its still a good job if you can get past that.

Good luck anyway.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

jetblack wrote:You aren't exactly "free" - you've just chosen a different employer.

Royal Mail have crap managers - but its still a good job if you can get past that.

Good luck anyway.
far better money driving trains
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by 2pints »

How much per hour for train driver? Dont fancy it myself any job sat on backside all day is my worst nightmare.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

Don't know per hour but eventually it's £49k a year.