ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I'm Free!!
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
I applied then took the tests then after passing all that had a managers interview. Got my medical next week so fingers crossed lol. I'm 32 there are jobs out there for people 30+ where they like you to be of a more mature age because of the responsibility, double the money in a few years too. If have taken this job for the same money if it got me out of Royal Mail.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
tests are available to all if you paynorm wrote:Did you get interviewed first then take the test, or were the applicants selected on the basis of the test?coxie wrote:norm wrote:Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
https://www.how2become.com/courses/train-driver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
+1Dorset Plodder wrote:Well done on finding an exit strategy!coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
£104 after vat
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
https://www.how2become.com/courses/train-driver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
You aren't exactly "free" - you've just chosen a different employer.
Royal Mail have crap managers - but its still a good job if you can get past that.
Good luck anyway.
Royal Mail have crap managers - but its still a good job if you can get past that.
Good luck anyway.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
far better money driving trainsjetblack wrote:You aren't exactly "free" - you've just chosen a different employer.
Royal Mail have crap managers - but its still a good job if you can get past that.
Good luck anyway.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
How much per hour for train driver? Dont fancy it myself any job sat on backside all day is my worst nightmare.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Don't know per hour but eventually it's £49k a year.