But they didn't - the govvernment wrote it into law - the company had no choice.plaguelift wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean more free shares after 20 years service. I just meant that we are lucky that the company we work for has given out free shares for their workforce.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service reward
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 20 years service reward
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
How cynical of you Trueblue! Do you think that good old Royal Mail would have given us nothing if they could get away with it!!
Of course you are 100% correct (as always), and yes they would have given us sweet FA if they could have gotten away with it.
Of course you are 100% correct (as always), and yes they would have given us sweet FA if they could have gotten away with it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 20 years service reward
plaguelift wrote:How cynical of you Trueblue! Do you think that good old Royal Mail would have given us nothing if they could get away with it!!
Of course you are 100% correct (as always), and yes they would have given us sweet FA if they could have gotten away with it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Probably not, apparently HR records pre 2000 are considered rare, I don't think they were even computerised. Also I don't think broken service will count.deristrong wrote:I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?
If RM doesn't have records of your previous service, you could try asking the DWP for a printout of your National Insurance record, they were computerised from 1975, and they have written records before then. They will show who your employers were.
-
superhoops183
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
Is this correct?But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.
I took EVR in 2006 after 19 years and 11 months.
So, so, pissed off that I missed out on my shiny bit of plastic.
Been back 8 months now.
I knew previous/broken service wouldn't count for seniority but thought it might for Annual Leave.
I was told it doesn't by manager and union rep.
I tried to find some info online line about it but couldn't. Does anyone know where I could find out and, if I am entitled to 6 weeks now, how I go about getting it?
And more importantly am I entitled to a plaque?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: 20 years service reward
Lump of plastic ?? Its glass 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: 20 years service reward
I got the paperweight, badge and £80 of morrisons vouchers that were wisely exchanged for cheap beer, pies and pringles! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
Result!5plusbonusball wrote:I got the paperweight, badge and £80 of morrisons vouchers that were wisely exchanged for cheap beer, pies and pringles!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service reward
No unfortunately RM won't give you a plaque unless you do another 20 years, but you can have mine if you really want one.superhoops183 wrote:Is this correct?But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.
I took EVR in 2006 after 19 years and 11 months.
So, so, pissed off that I missed out on my shiny bit of plastic.![]()
Been back 8 months now.
I knew previous/broken service wouldn't count for seniority but thought it might for Annual Leave.
I was told it doesn't by manager and union rep.
I tried to find some info online line about it but couldn't. Does anyone know where I could find out and, if I am entitled to 6 weeks now, how I go about getting it?
And more importantly am I entitled to a plaque?
But previous service does count towards AL entitlement, or at least I think it does. It is in the Way Forward Agreement 2000. The agreement is in the Downloads section on this forum I think.
It is in Section 4. Annual Leave
Leave Entitlements
All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if
they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or
with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service
may be counted for this purpose.
Edit: I might be wrong but my understanding of that is that previous periods of service will count.
-
postiewafu
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 19:25
Re: 20 years service reward
Just phoned HR, who told me no more vouchers are given out for 20 years service!!! Only the 6 weeks leave entitlementpostiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers