ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 years service reward

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

plaguelift wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean more free shares after 20 years service. I just meant that we are lucky that the company we work for has given out free shares for their workforce.
But they didn't - the govvernment wrote it into law - the company had no choice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by plaguelift »

How cynical of you Trueblue! Do you think that good old Royal Mail would have given us nothing if they could get away with it!!
Of course you are 100% correct (as always), and yes they would have given us sweet FA if they could have gotten away with it.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

plaguelift wrote:How cynical of you Trueblue! Do you think that good old Royal Mail would have given us nothing if they could get away with it!!
Of course you are 100% correct (as always), and yes they would have given us sweet FA if they could have gotten away with it.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by baldrick »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
deristrong wrote:I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?
Probably not, apparently HR records pre 2000 are considered rare, I don't think they were even computerised. Also I don't think broken service will count.
But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.
If RM doesn't have records of your previous service, you could try asking the DWP for a printout of your National Insurance record, they were computerised from 1975, and they have written records before then. They will show who your employers were.
superhoops183
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 19:02
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by superhoops183 »

But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.
Is this correct?

I took EVR in 2006 after 19 years and 11 months.
So, so, pissed off that I missed out on my shiny bit of plastic. :chuckle

Been back 8 months now.
I knew previous/broken service wouldn't count for seniority but thought it might for Annual Leave.
I was told it doesn't by manager and union rep.
I tried to find some info online line about it but couldn't. Does anyone know where I could find out and, if I am entitled to 6 weeks now, how I go about getting it?

And more importantly am I entitled to a plaque? :chuckle
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by maisymoo04 »

Lump of plastic ?? Its glass :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I got the paperweight, badge and £80 of morrisons vouchers that were wisely exchanged for cheap beer, pies and pringles! :crazy:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

:thumbup
5plusbonusball wrote:I got the paperweight, badge and £80 of morrisons vouchers that were wisely exchanged for cheap beer, pies and pringles! :crazy:
Result!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by baldrick »

superhoops183 wrote:
But previous service does count for Annual Leave increases. You should get 6 weeks AL after 20 years service, including previous service.
Is this correct?

I took EVR in 2006 after 19 years and 11 months.
So, so, pissed off that I missed out on my shiny bit of plastic. :chuckle

Been back 8 months now.
I knew previous/broken service wouldn't count for seniority but thought it might for Annual Leave.
I was told it doesn't by manager and union rep.
I tried to find some info online line about it but couldn't. Does anyone know where I could find out and, if I am entitled to 6 weeks now, how I go about getting it?

And more importantly am I entitled to a plaque? :chuckle
No unfortunately RM won't give you a plaque unless you do another 20 years, but you can have mine if you really want one. :Very Happy

But previous service does count towards AL entitlement, or at least I think it does. It is in the Way Forward Agreement 2000. The agreement is in the Downloads section on this forum I think.
It is in Section 4. Annual Leave
Leave Entitlements
All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if
they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or
with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service
may be counted for this purpose.

Edit: I might be wrong but my understanding of that is that previous periods of service will count.
postiewafu
Posts: 18
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 19:25

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by postiewafu »

postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
Just phoned HR, who told me no more vouchers are given out for 20 years service!!! Only the 6 weeks leave entitlement :mad