ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is wrong with people?!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2058
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by scoobydo79 »

The Union and its reps have repeatedly told staff not to come in before start times,not to prep door to door items in their own time and to take their breaks.Its not ignorance these people know damn well what they are doing.They just dont care.I woulnt blame any rep who had given up.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by DB1100 »

At the office I work at,I signed in 10 mins before my time this morning glancing at the registar I noticed 1 part timer had come in at 0600 his start time is 0730,1 full timer in at 0430 start time 0615,2 other F/T at 0500 for a 0615 start and numerous p/t from 0600 to 0630 for a 0730 start.
For we were soldiers once,and young
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by terry2972 »

All I can say I don't mind doing overtime as a parttimer I need to but I never ever start before my start time, I just can't get my head round the ones that work for free
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by aiden01 »

DB1100 wrote:At the office I work at,I signed in 10 mins before my time this morning glancing at the registar I noticed 1 part timer had come in at 0600 his start time is 0730,1 full timer in at 0430 start time 0615,2 other F/T at 0500 for a 0615 start and numerous p/t from 0600 to 0630 for a 0730 start.
idiots :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by wabbithunta »

As far as I can tell there's only two ways to stop this, or at least try to.

Clock in and out: Never going to happen :no no

DOM's, and Lino's, stopping the workforce from entering the premises to start work before their official starting times. Again, never going to happen. :no no
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
secluder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 40
Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
Gender: Male

Re: What is wrong with people?!

Post by secluder »

wabbithunta wrote:As far as I can tell there's only two ways to stop this, or at least try to.

Clock in and out: Never going to happen :no no

DOM's, and Lino's, stopping the workforce from entering the premises to start work before their official starting times. Again, never going to happen. :no no
Thirdly dismissed frrom the union after local rep advice is ignored.

Do you think that will happen?