ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Not here , if we don't put the 13 digits on the card we get told off - 3 strikes and we're conducted.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by maninred »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Health and Safety if you ask me anything dangling from our necks could be caught in machines or engine while doing van checks...
Thats why they have a "snap" lock on them, any reasonable tension and the snap lock breaks apart.
Kings Norton wrote:Getting stickers on tracked items should be prioritized rather than this crap instead of standing there writing 13 digits on p739s.
I and my office only put the duty Number and our initials - 6 figures - I though all offices did the same.
I think he means the 13 digit Tracked Item barcode number
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:oops: :oops: :left: :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by robbertwhitton »

Do they have to be worn on delivery ?
nikki44
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
Gender: Female

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by nikki44 »

I have never had an ID card and am coming up to 6 years service!! Have asked all managers who have been at our office,to many to count, and am still waiting! Should I walk off site, contact regional manager, carry on regardless??
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by wannabeek »

Likewise I have never been issued with an ID badge after years of asking (I'd like to be able to get into the English Heritage sites for free!). I've had my photo taken 3 times but still nothing. I was once turned away from a PO on collection as the postmaster refused to hand over the mail as I had no ID - reported this and still nothing!

I cannot understand why this isn't something we can just request ourselves on the website or even why it isn't just done automatically nationwide when required, simply because so many managers just will not bother to do it.
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by GT750rider »

Kings Norton wrote:Health and Safety if you ask me anything dangling from our necks could be caught in machines or engine while doing van checks... Getting stickers on tracked items should be prioritized rather than this crap instead of standing there writing 13 digits on p739s.
Exactly what I said to a new manager when I was about to climb into my 600.
nikki44
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
Gender: Female

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by nikki44 »

We had another acting manager today, told him about my ID problems and all he said was it should have been done!!! Still no sign of an ID card and even though I go to a main centre every Saturday, I've never been asked for ID!! Am at my wits end. This is now my mission to get a card by Xmas. Let you know how things go!
nikki44
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
Gender: Female

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by nikki44 »

Update.....asked acting manager when pictures will be taken for ID card and he shouted at me!! Told him not to be aggressive I was only asking!! I shall ask again today, feel I have touched a nerve OR I pain for keep asking!!
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by WOBBLY »

Just shy of 3 years since my last one expired I now have a new id badge!

Photo looks suspiciously like the original one taken from the first badge!! Lucky I've not changed much :chuckle
JoeWagg
Posts: 79
Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by JoeWagg »

I was asked to provide my photo when I got the job just over a year ago.
No pass/photo ID has ever materialised.
Rooly180
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 Oct 2014, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by Rooly180 »

Started 2 weeks ago and received mine this week :wink:
erica_ca_ca
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Nov 2014, 23:16
Gender: Female

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by erica_ca_ca »

Hi, I'm a newbie! :Very Happy

I've just been asked to send in a photo for my id badge but also been asked the following:

'Could you also indicate a preferred name that you would like printed on the reverse side of your Photo ID card. This should be the name that you are usually known as, but cannot be offensive to any person.'

Would this be just my first name or my full name?

Thanks in advance!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Both.

But its along the line of Tony - instead of Anthony - Steve - instead of Stephen - Gill instead of Gillian (I think you get the idea :Very Happy )
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si

Post by GT85 »

It is so that the ID card can be turned around and worn as a name badge.
We're all here because we're not all there