ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Not here , if we don't put the 13 digits on the card we get told off - 3 strikes and we're conducted.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
I think he means the 13 digit Tracked Item barcode numberTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Thats why they have a "snap" lock on them, any reasonable tension and the snap lock breaks apart.Kings Norton wrote:Health and Safety if you ask me anything dangling from our necks could be caught in machines or engine while doing van checks...
I and my office only put the duty Number and our initials - 6 figures - I though all offices did the same.Kings Norton wrote:Getting stickers on tracked items should be prioritized rather than this crap instead of standing there writing 13 digits on p739s.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Do they have to be worn on delivery ?
-
nikki44
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
- Gender: Female
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
I have never had an ID card and am coming up to 6 years service!! Have asked all managers who have been at our office,to many to count, and am still waiting! Should I walk off site, contact regional manager, carry on regardless??
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Likewise I have never been issued with an ID badge after years of asking (I'd like to be able to get into the English Heritage sites for free!). I've had my photo taken 3 times but still nothing. I was once turned away from a PO on collection as the postmaster refused to hand over the mail as I had no ID - reported this and still nothing!
I cannot understand why this isn't something we can just request ourselves on the website or even why it isn't just done automatically nationwide when required, simply because so many managers just will not bother to do it.
I cannot understand why this isn't something we can just request ourselves on the website or even why it isn't just done automatically nationwide when required, simply because so many managers just will not bother to do it.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Exactly what I said to a new manager when I was about to climb into my 600.Kings Norton wrote:Health and Safety if you ask me anything dangling from our necks could be caught in machines or engine while doing van checks... Getting stickers on tracked items should be prioritized rather than this crap instead of standing there writing 13 digits on p739s.
-
nikki44
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
- Gender: Female
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
We had another acting manager today, told him about my ID problems and all he said was it should have been done!!! Still no sign of an ID card and even though I go to a main centre every Saturday, I've never been asked for ID!! Am at my wits end. This is now my mission to get a card by Xmas. Let you know how things go!
-
nikki44
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:39
- Gender: Female
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Update.....asked acting manager when pictures will be taken for ID card and he shouted at me!! Told him not to be aggressive I was only asking!! I shall ask again today, feel I have touched a nerve OR I pain for keep asking!!
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Just shy of 3 years since my last one expired I now have a new id badge!
Photo looks suspiciously like the original one taken from the first badge!! Lucky I've not changed much
Photo looks suspiciously like the original one taken from the first badge!! Lucky I've not changed much
-
JoeWagg
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
I was asked to provide my photo when I got the job just over a year ago.
No pass/photo ID has ever materialised.
No pass/photo ID has ever materialised.
-
Rooly180
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 14 Oct 2014, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Started 2 weeks ago and received mine this week 
-
erica_ca_ca
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 Nov 2014, 23:16
- Gender: Female
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Hi, I'm a newbie!
I've just been asked to send in a photo for my id badge but also been asked the following:
'Could you also indicate a preferred name that you would like printed on the reverse side of your Photo ID card. This should be the name that you are usually known as, but cannot be offensive to any person.'
Would this be just my first name or my full name?
Thanks in advance!
I've just been asked to send in a photo for my id badge but also been asked the following:
'Could you also indicate a preferred name that you would like printed on the reverse side of your Photo ID card. This should be the name that you are usually known as, but cannot be offensive to any person.'
Would this be just my first name or my full name?
Thanks in advance!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Both.
But its along the line of Tony - instead of Anthony - Steve - instead of Stephen - Gill instead of Gillian (I think you get the idea
)
But its along the line of Tony - instead of Anthony - Steve - instead of Stephen - Gill instead of Gillian (I think you get the idea
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
It is so that the ID card can be turned around and worn as a name badge.
We're all here because we're not all there