ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Before 09.00 Special
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
We have to do them, normally start our rounds at 08:30 so we have 30mins to get it done. Always a bit of an adrenaline rush trying to get there before 9. 
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Before 09.00 Special
If it is on your walk you take it out and your IPS/prep gets covered until you get back ( usually less than 30 mins)
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
We start at 8am and not out on delivery until 10:30, not a chance we could get them done so a spare driver does them
It is a push to get the specials done too, breaking off to drive across the small town to go do one or two is a right pain in the backside
It is a push to get the specials done too, breaking off to drive across the small town to go do one or two is a right pain in the backside
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!
Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient
Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
Have you heard about the upto 2kg special delivery new price? We are going to be hammered with them nowGoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!
Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
and if everyone thought like you we all be sayingGoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!
Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
Yep that'd be about right it was fairly weighty.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, 9am Special Deliveries have increased 60% in price over the past four years, starting at £11.35 from April 2010, starting at6 £18.18 from April 2014.dvbuk55 wrote:Why is that KN? Is he getting them late? I get the 9s ready before 7.15 they are so far apart that we need that amount of time to cover them. Sometimes we need two guys. Admittedly they are a pain in the bum but I had one today that they'd paid £27 forKings Norton wrote:Our phg never has the reggies ready till 9 30 therefore its a fail straight away.![]()
£26.94 is for one weighing between 1kg and 2kg.
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
and if everyone thought like you we all be saying
to our jobs :crazy:aiden01
So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them
So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
I did,nt specially say youGoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying![]()
![]()
to our jobs :crazy:aiden01
So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
I really wonder if our paymasters really want to keep the uso... I can imagine us with a service like TNT or should that be whistlaiden01 wrote:I did,nt specially say youGoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying![]()
![]()
to our jobs :crazy:aiden01
So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use themmaybe if rm can persuade Ofcom to rule in favour of keeping the uso we can all have have a bright future ahead of us instead of us all going on the dole
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Before 09.00 Special
why would they want to lose it on their pay and god knows how many sharesGoingRoundTheBend wrote:I really wonder if our paymasters really want to keep the uso... I can imagine us with a service like TNT or should that be whistlaiden01 wrote:I did,nt specially say youGoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying![]()
![]()
to our jobs :crazy:aiden01
So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use themmaybe if rm can persuade Ofcom to rule in favour of keeping the uso we can all have have a bright future ahead of us instead of us all going on the dole
delivering to certain streets just 3 x a week, that would be worrying for jobs
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Before 09.00 Special
Yes, other carriers will be cheaper for some services ( that's what can be done with paying just over the minimum wage ) but I doubt if many can match the £6.40 basic rate Special Delivery for guaranteed by 1pm the next day and I doubt if others offer a 9am service whatever the price.GoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!
Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient