ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Before 09.00 Special

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by Jpro747 »

We have to do them, normally start our rounds at 08:30 so we have 30mins to get it done. Always a bit of an adrenaline rush trying to get there before 9. :Very Happy
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by feduppostie »

If it is on your walk you take it out and your IPS/prep gets covered until you get back ( usually less than 30 mins)
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by dave72 »

We start at 8am and not out on delivery until 10:30, not a chance we could get them done so a spare driver does them

It is a push to get the specials done too, breaking off to drive across the small town to go do one or two is a right pain in the backside :arrrghhh
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!

Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient :nervous
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by dave72 »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!

Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient :nervous
Have you heard about the upto 2kg special delivery new price? We are going to be hammered with them now :arrrghhh
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by aiden01 »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!

Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient :nervous
and if everyone thought like you we all be saying :wave :wave :wave to our jobs :crazy:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Our phg never has the reggies ready till 9 30 therefore its a fail straight away.
Why is that KN? Is he getting them late? I get the 9s ready before 7.15 they are so far apart that we need that amount of time to cover them. Sometimes we need two guys. Admittedly they are a pain in the bum but I had one today that they'd paid £27 for :hmmmm
Yes, 9am Special Deliveries have increased 60% in price over the past four years, starting at £11.35 from April 2010, starting at6 £18.18 from April 2014. :shock:
£26.94 is for one weighing between 1kg and 2kg.
Yep that'd be about right it was fairly weighty.
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

and if everyone thought like you we all be saying :wave :wave :wave to our jobs :crazy:aiden01


So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them :hmmmm
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by aiden01 »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying :wave :wave :wave to our jobs :crazy:aiden01


So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them :hmmmm
I did,nt specially say you :hmmmm maybe if rm can persuade Ofcom to rule in favour of keeping the uso we can all have have a bright future ahead of us instead of us all going on the dole :thumbup
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

aiden01 wrote:
GoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying :wave :wave :wave to our jobs :crazy:aiden01


So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them :hmmmm
I did,nt specially say you :hmmmm maybe if rm can persuade Ofcom to rule in favour of keeping the uso we can all have have a bright future ahead of us instead of us all going on the dole :thumbup
I really wonder if our paymasters really want to keep the uso... I can imagine us with a service like TNT or should that be whistl :left: delivering to certain streets just 3 x a week, that would be worrying for jobs :sad:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by aiden01 »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
GoingRoundTheBend wrote:and if everyone thought like you we all be saying :wave :wave :wave to our jobs :crazy:aiden01


So I should pay extra money to send a parcel to save my job????
Maybe the people I work for should become more competitive so that I would use them :hmmmm
I did,nt specially say you :hmmmm maybe if rm can persuade Ofcom to rule in favour of keeping the uso we can all have have a bright future ahead of us instead of us all going on the dole :thumbup
I really wonder if our paymasters really want to keep the uso... I can imagine us with a service like TNT or should that be whistl :left: delivering to certain streets just 3 x a week, that would be worrying for jobs :sad:
why would they want to lose it on their pay and god knows how many shares
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Before 09.00 Special

Post by Lounge Lizard »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:27 quid??????? Feck me some people have more money than sense don't think i'll be ever using that service!

Come to think of it I never send anything via royal mail apart from the odd card, always use other firms for packages as its a lot cheaper and convenient :nervous
Yes, other carriers will be cheaper for some services ( that's what can be done with paying just over the minimum wage ) but I doubt if many can match the £6.40 basic rate Special Delivery for guaranteed by 1pm the next day and I doubt if others offer a 9am service whatever the price. :Very Happy