ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

tracked, i kid you not

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??

Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Hitcher »

zx135 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote::shock:

Even the ones that specifically state on the item "Do Not Leave With Neighbour " - If we have to follow Safe Place instructions then surely we have to follow these.

actually yes, the companies sending out tracked have agreed to the terms and conditions of the service if they dont want us to potentially leave with neighbour they should use another service ie special or even another company

think of it this way, if someone sends a special and they write on the special an instruction to leave with neighbour if not in, we would not follow that instruction, just because it says something on the item doesnt mean we need to do it, we follow the delivery spec for the product selected and deliver as appropriate
Bollocks!
What about Tracked items?
Tracked items, including Ticketmaster Tracked items, with a ‘Do not Deliver to Neighbour’ instruction
must not be delivered to a neighbour. For all other Tracked items, please do use Delivery to Neighbour.
http://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defaul ... 0A4_v8.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A2B
Posts: 2034
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by A2B »

My sentiments exactly :shock:
postslippete
Posts: 4202
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by postslippete »

CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??

Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered


I quite agree. Ive had a tracked parcel today that stated that i should leave in the customers safeplace and highlighted in yellow 'blue bin'

NO CHANCE!!


Ive made that mistake before.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
The_Wax_Man
Posts: 191
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by The_Wax_Man »

I keep saying this...

First thread appearing by someone being put on conduct for not attempting DTN will be........ ( place your bets when this will be )

Royal Mails last target announcement

1st class 93.5% ( Above uso target )
2nd class 99% ( Above uso targets )

Everyone happy, running through the meadows and no clawback on bonus payments.



As you were

:cuppa
Cut Off King
Posts: 1078
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Cut Off King »

Until my duty is re-designed to include time to do this, I shall continue to card everyone who is out, in order to safeguard the mail :Very Happy

If I was ever to be challanged about this by the management then I would refuse to work beyond my duty time, then I'll gladly try multiple calls to get rid of the packets, HOWEVER when my time is up I,mm more than willing to return with undelivered mail for my DOM to take out in his time.

They CAN'T have it both ways.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Postie45 »

CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??

Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
leaving it in the shed works great 4999/5000 ... but that 1 time when the customer claims they didnt get it makes it not worth doing !
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Postie45 »

Cut Off King wrote:Until my duty is re-designed to include time to do this, I shall continue to card everyone who is out, in order to safeguard the mail :Very Happy

If I was ever to be challanged about this by the management then I would refuse to work beyond my duty time, then I'll gladly try multiple calls to get rid of the packets, HOWEVER when my time is up I,mm more than willing to return with undelivered mail for my DOM to take out in his time.

They CAN'T have it both ways.
exactly, our office hasnt started talking about or enforcing delivery to neighbour, but once they do I will be doing the same as you.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by OnAFlyer »

Hitcher wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
postmanplod69 wrote:87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
You leave signed for tracked with neighbours, it's only specials and international signed for you can't.
Wrong, lots of signed for trackers CANNOT be left with neighbours.
Only the ones that specifically state do not leave with neighbour on the label. Every other signed for tracked should be dtn.
postslippete wrote:
CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??

Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered


I quite agree. Ive had a tracked parcel today that stated that i should leave in the customers safeplace and highlighted in yellow 'blue bin'

NO CHANCE!!


Ive made that mistake before.
Specials can't be left anywhere. Customers notes don't count for anything.

However, any delivery instructions printed on a tracked label should be followed. Our manager said last week if it says throw it over the back fence that's what you do, if you're unhappy about doing it then take the item to them first and he will photocopy the label to cover you. Personally I take a photo on my phone and do exactly what it says on the label.

There is NO comeback to you from this, you are following delivery instructions not doorstepping. This is now offical policy for tracked and if you haven't already had briefings in your office you soon will have, because if you're not hitting well over 90% you will be highlighted as a failing office.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Kings Norton »

I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Let us know what depot and walk you cover. I'll get a Tracked delivery for one of your customers, with a special instruction along the lines of...
"Open this tracked packet, put on the enclosed French maid's uniform and assemble the rocket propelled grenade launcher. Travel to London and assassinate the prime minister."

Don't worry, it will all be fine, you are simply following the special instructions. :chuckle
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by OnAFlyer »

Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Let us know what depot and walk you cover. I'll get a Tracked delivery for one of your customers, with a special instruction along the lines of...
"Open this tracked packet, put on the enclosed French maid's uniform and assemble the rocket propelled grenade launcher. Travel to London and assassinate the prime minister."

Don't worry, it will all be fine, you are simply following the special instructions. :chuckle
What a stupid post.
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by Hitcher »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.
No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.

Take you pick.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by OnAFlyer »

Hitcher wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.
No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.

Take you pick.
You attempt dtn, if you do look like running out of time because of this then you phone the office as per procedure.

Doesn't matter if it looks like the neighbours aren't in, you try.

No discretion anymore unless it's extreme circumstances (ie the neighbour is a gypsy camp)

I don't think some people are getting how serious RM are about Tracked performance, obviously many offices haven't had the pressure on from above yet but you will, and soon.
The_Wax_Man
Posts: 191
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
Gender: Male

Re: tracked, i kid you not

Post by The_Wax_Man »

^^ The 'pressure' will be reversed in the case of, spent so much time getting rid of tracked etc and adhering to DTN rules , had to cut off other stuff.

Take your pick.

Until some of these rounds are seen for what they are instead of posties just being told to 'get it done', then RM can wonder all it wants as to why things fail.

Maybe the people concerned would like to take the walk for a day ?

:cuppa