ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
tracked, i kid you not
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??
Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Bollocks!zx135 wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Even the ones that specifically state on the item "Do Not Leave With Neighbour " - If we have to follow Safe Place instructions then surely we have to follow these.
actually yes, the companies sending out tracked have agreed to the terms and conditions of the service if they dont want us to potentially leave with neighbour they should use another service ie special or even another company
think of it this way, if someone sends a special and they write on the special an instruction to leave with neighbour if not in, we would not follow that instruction, just because it says something on the item doesnt mean we need to do it, we follow the delivery spec for the product selected and deliver as appropriate
http://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defaul ... 0A4_v8.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;What about Tracked items?
Tracked items, including Ticketmaster Tracked items, with a ‘Do not Deliver to Neighbour’ instruction
must not be delivered to a neighbour. For all other Tracked items, please do use Delivery to Neighbour.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2034
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
My sentiments exactly 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??
Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
I quite agree. Ive had a tracked parcel today that stated that i should leave in the customers safeplace and highlighted in yellow 'blue bin'
NO CHANCE!!
Ive made that mistake before.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
I keep saying this...
First thread appearing by someone being put on conduct for not attempting DTN will be........ ( place your bets when this will be )
Royal Mails last target announcement
1st class 93.5% ( Above uso target )
2nd class 99% ( Above uso targets )
Everyone happy, running through the meadows and no clawback on bonus payments.
As you were

First thread appearing by someone being put on conduct for not attempting DTN will be........ ( place your bets when this will be )
Royal Mails last target announcement
1st class 93.5% ( Above uso target )
2nd class 99% ( Above uso targets )
Everyone happy, running through the meadows and no clawback on bonus payments.
As you were
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Until my duty is re-designed to include time to do this, I shall continue to card everyone who is out, in order to safeguard the mail
If I was ever to be challanged about this by the management then I would refuse to work beyond my duty time, then I'll gladly try multiple calls to get rid of the packets, HOWEVER when my time is up I,mm more than willing to return with undelivered mail for my DOM to take out in his time.
They CAN'T have it both ways.
If I was ever to be challanged about this by the management then I would refuse to work beyond my duty time, then I'll gladly try multiple calls to get rid of the packets, HOWEVER when my time is up I,mm more than willing to return with undelivered mail for my DOM to take out in his time.
They CAN'T have it both ways.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
leaving it in the shed works great 4999/5000 ... but that 1 time when the customer claims they didnt get it makes it not worth doing !CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??
Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
exactly, our office hasnt started talking about or enforcing delivery to neighbour, but once they do I will be doing the same as you.Cut Off King wrote:Until my duty is re-designed to include time to do this, I shall continue to card everyone who is out, in order to safeguard the mail :Very Happy
If I was ever to be challanged about this by the management then I would refuse to work beyond my duty time, then I'll gladly try multiple calls to get rid of the packets, HOWEVER when my time is up I,mm more than willing to return with undelivered mail for my DOM to take out in his time.
They CAN'T have it both ways.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Only the ones that specifically state do not leave with neighbour on the label. Every other signed for tracked should be dtn.Hitcher wrote:Wrong, lots of signed for trackers CANNOT be left with neighbours.OnAFlyer wrote:You leave signed for tracked with neighbours, it's only specials and international signed for you can't.postmanplod69 wrote:87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
Specials can't be left anywhere. Customers notes don't count for anything.postslippete wrote:CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:I had a Special last week stating " if no answer please sign and leave in shed " , what do you think I did ??
Yup wrote out a 739 and returned it to the office , im not leaving myself open for anybody I'm afraid . I would rather explain the 739 than have the customer say it wasn't delivered
I quite agree. Ive had a tracked parcel today that stated that i should leave in the customers safeplace and highlighted in yellow 'blue bin'
NO CHANCE!!
Ive made that mistake before.
However, any delivery instructions printed on a tracked label should be followed. Our manager said last week if it says throw it over the back fence that's what you do, if you're unhappy about doing it then take the item to them first and he will photocopy the label to cover you. Personally I take a photo on my phone and do exactly what it says on the label.
There is NO comeback to you from this, you are following delivery instructions not doorstepping. This is now offical policy for tracked and if you haven't already had briefings in your office you soon will have, because if you're not hitting well over 90% you will be highlighted as a failing office.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Let us know what depot and walk you cover. I'll get a Tracked delivery for one of your customers, with a special instruction along the lines of...
"Open this tracked packet, put on the enclosed French maid's uniform and assemble the rocket propelled grenade launcher. Travel to London and assassinate the prime minister."
Don't worry, it will all be fine, you are simply following the special instructions.
"Open this tracked packet, put on the enclosed French maid's uniform and assemble the rocket propelled grenade launcher. Travel to London and assassinate the prime minister."
Don't worry, it will all be fine, you are simply following the special instructions.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
What a stupid post.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Let us know what depot and walk you cover. I'll get a Tracked delivery for one of your customers, with a special instruction along the lines of...
"Open this tracked packet, put on the enclosed French maid's uniform and assemble the rocket propelled grenade launcher. Travel to London and assassinate the prime minister."
Don't worry, it will all be fine, you are simply following the special instructions.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.OnAFlyer wrote:Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Take you pick.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
You attempt dtn, if you do look like running out of time because of this then you phone the office as per procedure.Hitcher wrote:No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.OnAFlyer wrote:Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Take you pick.
Doesn't matter if it looks like the neighbours aren't in, you try.
No discretion anymore unless it's extreme circumstances (ie the neighbour is a gypsy camp)
I don't think some people are getting how serious RM are about Tracked performance, obviously many offices haven't had the pressure on from above yet but you will, and soon.
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
^^ The 'pressure' will be reversed in the case of, spent so much time getting rid of tracked etc and adhering to DTN rules , had to cut off other stuff.
Take your pick.
Until some of these rounds are seen for what they are instead of posties just being told to 'get it done', then RM can wonder all it wants as to why things fail.
Maybe the people concerned would like to take the walk for a day ?

Take your pick.
Until some of these rounds are seen for what they are instead of posties just being told to 'get it done', then RM can wonder all it wants as to why things fail.
Maybe the people concerned would like to take the walk for a day ?