ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ridiculous customer complaints.
-
sharky55
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: East Anglia
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Woman asked me not to walk on her gravel drive as it makes the dog bark!! 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Lounge Lizard wrote:"You'll wake the dead" when I knock the door loud enough to be heard.
Then the next time you knock at the same address, quietly, the man of the house complains because he couldn't hear you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Get off my lawn! When does 3 square feet of unattended grass and weed become "lawn"?
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Got a yellow 1st complaint card which said, "Please ensure mail for 15 The Court, Wilson Street is not delivered to 15 Wilson Street". I couldn't be arsed to point out it's the exact same place.
-
bluenose48
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 21:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
very heavy day work wise so was late getting out pissing down with rain
gets to last bag push letters though door and out comes women
your late
yes bad day
do you know i have had to phone taxi because of you
why
so i can get to post office to cash my giro before it shuts (weds) so i can get my money out to go and play bingo

gets to last bag push letters though door and out comes women
your late
yes bad day
do you know i have had to phone taxi because of you
why
so i can get to post office to cash my giro before it shuts (weds) so i can get my money out to go and play bingo
-
woodpecker
- Posts: 897
- Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
l
Last edited by woodpecker on 25 Jan 2019, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
a woman complained because I walked across what I thought was building material for a job being done ( sand gravel some old rope and wood) turns out to be a "themed garden" whats the theme I asked "old shite" ? " no you philistine its a castaway beach...... lmfao.deristrong wrote:Get off my lawn! When does 3 square feet of unattended grass and weed become "lawn"?
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
woodpecker wrote:Lady complained this week that she came home to find a parcel on her kitchen table,
she was very angry that the postie had entered her house to put it there.
When asked, the postie had handed it to the decorator who was working in her house at the time!
Mystic Sidley sees more travel on the horizon for this Lady, as she'll be picking up her parcels from the depot from now on.
Had one today, punter in a block of flats I deliver too bends my ear about me letting the door slam. It's a controlled/buzzer/fob entry job but the door closer thing is really slow and when it eventually nears closing the magnetic lock seals it with a bang. By this time I'm two floors up and it does indeed make a hell of a bang. Hardly my fault, but he won't have it, I offered to wedge it open but that doesn't meet his security standards. I'm off that walk soon so he can lump it unless he gets the council to alter the closing time on the security hinge thingie.
-
minx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Hi posties,
Here are a few ridiculous cust complaints
1my postman is harassing me, how? He delivers my letters same time every day and he flicks my letterbox
2there is a strange man coming up my drive,he has just delivered my letters ? What was he wearing ? he had on a royal mail uniform on ,my reply yep that,ll be the postie to which cust says well I don't know him
3postie has just rung the bell,and now my babies are crying,the dogs are barking, cats run off and postie had the audacity to ask me to sign for my parcel.
I love the way the instant we leave ap739 cust is instantly disabled,not mobile ,got babies etc etc etc
And last one is postman has stolen my cat he was here but disappeared after postman came
Hope you enjoy them posties love customer services
How about a forum on the names and abuse we get,bet I'd win that one xxxxxx
Here are a few ridiculous cust complaints
1my postman is harassing me, how? He delivers my letters same time every day and he flicks my letterbox
2there is a strange man coming up my drive,he has just delivered my letters ? What was he wearing ? he had on a royal mail uniform on ,my reply yep that,ll be the postie to which cust says well I don't know him
3postie has just rung the bell,and now my babies are crying,the dogs are barking, cats run off and postie had the audacity to ask me to sign for my parcel.
I love the way the instant we leave ap739 cust is instantly disabled,not mobile ,got babies etc etc etc
And last one is postman has stolen my cat he was here but disappeared after postman came
Hope you enjoy them posties love customer services
How about a forum on the names and abuse we get,bet I'd win that one xxxxxx
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
There's one of those on my walk, it looks like the someone's had a fire on the beach and kicked the remains about. All it needs is a dead gull, and an empty drum of diesel.saddlerposty wrote:a woman complained because I walked across what I thought was building material for a job being done ( sand gravel some old rope and wood) turns out to be a "themed garden" whats the theme I asked "old shite" ? " no you philistine its a castaway beach...... lmfao.deristrong wrote:Get off my lawn! When does 3 square feet of unattended grass and weed become "lawn"?
Last edited by Sidley on 24 Jan 2014, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
I've got something similar on my walk, but the old fridge and car on bricks does not really enhance the beach look, the dead seagull and dog turds do though.Sidley wrote:There's one of those on my walk, it looks like the someone's had a fire on the beach and kicked the remains about. All it needs is a dead gull and an empty drum of diesel.saddlerposty wrote:a woman complained because I walked across what I thought was building material for a job being done ( sand gravel some old rope and wood) turns out to be a "themed garden" whats the theme I asked "old shite" ? " no you philistine its a castaway beach...... lmfao.deristrong wrote:Get off my lawn! When does 3 square feet of unattended grass and weed become "lawn"?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
We had a woman ring into the office the other week complaining about a parcel she had ordered that had'nt turned up that day. Turned out she ordered the parcel at 9am that morning and by 11 she had an email saying that it had been dispatched so by 1pm she decided to phone and find out where it was and why it had'nt been delivered. 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Had a customer complain once that I had delivered a Special nearly a week late, and they would be reporting me, for delaying their mail.
They wouldn't accept/couldn't understand that I couldn't deliver it the previous week, as the sender had only posted it the day before.
Then there was a guy who moaned when I knocked on his door at 7am (oh the good old days) with a special, as it was his only chance of a lie in.
And asked if, in the future, I could knock after 10am, but before he went out......
They wouldn't accept/couldn't understand that I couldn't deliver it the previous week, as the sender had only posted it the day before.
Then there was a guy who moaned when I knocked on his door at 7am (oh the good old days) with a special, as it was his only chance of a lie in.
And asked if, in the future, I could knock after 10am, but before he went out......
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
tasam
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Sender complained that special was attempted to be delivered at 8:50. "I didn't pay for 9am guarantee so why did you deliver it early? The person it was sent to was taking kids to school"
Even managers laughed - customer complains about being too efficient.
Even managers laughed - customer complains about being too efficient.
-
derpderp
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 24 Dec 2013, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
minx wrote:Hi posties,
Here are a few ridiculous cust complaints
1my postman is harassing me, how? He delivers my letters same time every day and he flicks my letterbox![]()
2there is a strange man coming up my drive,he has just delivered my letters ? What was he wearing ? he had on a royal mail uniform on ,my reply yep that,ll be the postie to which cust says well I don't know him![]()
![]()
3postie has just rung the bell,and now my babies are crying,the dogs are barking, cats run off and postie had the audacity to ask me to sign for my parcel.![]()
I love the way the instant we leave ap739 cust is instantly disabled,not mobile ,got babies etc etc etc
And last one is postman has stolen my cat he was here but disappeared after postman came![]()
Hope you enjoy them posties love customer services
How about a forum on the names and abuse we get,bet I'd win that one xxxxxx